Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hollow'een boards beers fancy dress bash Sat 27th October 2007

Options
  • 13-08-2007 1:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭

Hello heathens,

Heads up on a boards beer at Samhain - actually on Sat Oct 27th.

I know you guys may want to plan ahead. Apologies if it clashes with anything you're running - that's why I'm giving the heads-up at this early stage.

You're more than welcome to come along & we should have our own private venue so if you need to do sacrifice Amp or anything we can probably accommodate.

The fancy dress should be a good hit. Gardnarian's (right one?) lack of dress will not be considered being in fancy-dress.

Here's the pre-announcement thread: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055134116

Details have yet to be finalised, keep an eye on the Events forum for more info.

Cheers,
    Al.

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Oh dear Al... :D

I don't know if what Tallie did to amp last night strictly counts as pagan...

• Registered Users Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

After I got over the shock, that was one of the funniest things I've seen in a long time. Is amp suffering post-traumatic stress?

Y'know, if there was ONE thing I'd like the camcorder stalker to have gotten on tape...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Oh so you are only adressing the heathens on this forum and not the rest of the pagans ?

Why could you not have got in touch with Tallie about wether he was doing anything like, you know privatly ?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

Sorry, I didn't realise heathen was a subset of paganism, I thought it would refer to all.

I'm not stopping you guys doing anything privately at all, if Tallie wants to do that instead that's absolutely cool.

What I am doing is giving you a 3 month heads up on an event that we're planning that might either conflict or compliment with Tallie's (or anyone's) Samhain events.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Trojan wrote:
    Sorry, I didn't realise heathen was a subset of paganism,
    I thought it would refer to all.

Well then I would suggest that your read the stickies and the charter before posting, not reading the rules before posting is against the rules and can get you banned from this forum.

Currently I am the only mod of the paganism forum and I am not organising anything in conjunction with the site or the forum for that weekend.

There may be other events being organised here by other groups outside of boards.ie and the same rules apply as per the charter if anyone wants to advertise a non boards event then they contact the mod of the forum ( ie me ) and ok the advertisement first.

Thanks for letting the forum know you are planning a big bash ( which you are holding on the bank holiday weekend before Samhain which is on the 31st which is the Wednesday after ) boards beers are a lot of fun as was last Saturday and hopefully I can attend this event other commitments allowing.

By the way Al, what's a Gardnarian ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,314 ✭✭✭Talliesin

Trojan wrote:
    I know you guys may want to plan ahead. Apologies if it clashes with anything you're running - that's why I'm giving the heads-up at this early stage.
    Appreciated. Actually, I'd decided I definitely wasn't going to do another party promoted both in boards.ie and the Pagan community like the last two years. I was going to check on whether any boards.ie Pagan wanted to take it over in that format, and if that wasn't the case to just see if someone wanted to take over either part of it, so I'm not at all miffed to see a boards.ie only event since that was a possible outcome for my plans anyway.
    Trojan wrote:
    The fancy dress should be a good hit.
    I like your idea of allowing non fancy-dress but at a higher charge. I think it might get people who immediately reject the idea of fancy dress to decide to come and then decide that they might as well go whole-hog. hope it works out that way.
    Trojan wrote:
    Gardnarian's (right one?) lack of dress will not be considered being in fancy-dress.
    Gardnarians amongst others. From involvement in very different events I can tell you than in any case skyclad breaks licensing laws unless you are in a members-only club.

Advertisement