Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Around how much?

Options
  • 13-08-2007 2:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 11,652 ✭✭✭✭

Iv been meaning to get a tattoo now for quite a while but with college and other things going on over the past few years iv never gotten around to it. I know exactly what style and size I want but I have no clue what so ever about price, a few of my friends have tattoos but nothing like what I want etc.

Was hoping that someone around here could help me out with giving me an idea on how much it would cost roughly etc.
    culorizado.jpg
    rage-against-the-machine-pose-5000422.jpg
    74027128.jpg?v=1&c=ViewImages&k=2&d=17A4AD9FDB9CF1932BBB80AB57C9760227F71231AC7833E7AEEC097DA74FCE5B
    Iv loved that style and scale of tattoo for years now and id love to get something like that started for my back, leg and chest.

Any help welcome.

P.S If anyone knows an artist thats does that style etc then mention a few names, Im located in Dublin.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Reku

Afraid to get a real quote the only way is to pop into a studio and ask the staff there how much it would cost. Being as large as it is:
    1. it is going to cost A LOT
    2. may be best to do in pieces rather than all in one sitting (give both you and the tattooist a break)

Hopefully someone else here can point you to an artist who's done some similar work.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Yeah, I second that, it's going to cost a hell of a lot...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭garthv

You wouldn't get it done in one piece...it would be done over a year, maybe even two years. Its going to cost a HELL of a lot, I couldn't really take a guess at what price it will be. Ballpark figure would be around 10 grand, I could be wrong though.

Your best bet is to talk to a tatto artist and make a deal, make sure he's happy with his job tho...you don't want him quitting the tatto parlour halfway through your piece :)

Or you could try and get a tattoo artist to do it as a nixxer? After work kind of job, would be very profitable for the artist and would probably work out cheaper for you in the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭amazingemmet

Nah if its that size and just black you're going for you'd be looking at around the 2g mark and maybe a bit more for boring your tattooist.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,652 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

I was expecting around the 2,000 mark, when I saw the 10,000 estimate thats when I got worried.

• Advertisement

Gintonious wrote:
    I was expecting around the 2,000 mark, when I saw the 10,000 estimate thats when I got worried.
    Like i said, ballpark figure :)
    Its a hell of a lot of work so go have a chat with an artist!

Yeah thats the plan of action for when I get back to Ireland, Im willing to spend a lot cause the last thing I want to skimp on costs is a tattoo, anyone recommend a studio in the Dublin City center?

Ive heard colourworks is good for stuff like that,
    Never been myself though

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

GaRtH_V wrote:
    Ive heard colourworks is good for stuff like that,
    Never been myself though
    Aye try Darren in Colourworks. Good steady hand and you'll have a laugh with him throughout the process.

Cheers lads, what are their rates like or does it depend on the artist?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Colourworks is usually 80 an hour. but the last few times I've gone it's fluctuated. If you catch them on a good day it'll be less maybe.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

timmy c :cool: always loved that tat!

best of luck and keep us updated :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,282 ✭✭✭gucci

timmy c....pretty cool, i would love to do one of my shins in the style of hos shin tattoo, but the all over suit wouldnt be for me!!
    good look with it, i look forward to seeing the results

• Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Reku

gucci wrote:
    i look forward to seeing the results
    Considering it's a whole body piece feel free to blurr out bits in any pics we might rather not see though!:p

Hahaha, no bother man, I reckon im going to start with the shin and calf first and up to just above my knee, thats what generally started me on getting this done.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭HammerHeadGym

If your going to spend that sort of money on it, you'd save yourself a few bob going foreign.

For example, I recently got a japanes sleeve done in Thailand for just under 200 quid. And that was for 24 hours of work.

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭cadogs

Im in the process of getting a japanese sleeve, gonna cost rougly 1,500. I reckon that Timmy C style tat would cost around 5,000-6,000 euros.

Advertisement