Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bioshock demo is now up!

• 13-08-2007 3:01am
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,680 CMod ✭✭✭✭

What you reading this for? Go get it!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Lamposts

Legend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Smellyirishman

Bast*rds.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,530 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

New trailer up too.....

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/23435.html

Can't wait for this game! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,268 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Really looking forward to this, so I am going to avoid the demo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

Any confirmation of the region-free status on this?
    This makes me think it will be.

I think I'll risk ordering the NTSC version on Play-asia, The Darkness
    was from the same publisher and the NTSC version worked fine over here.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

DLing now:)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,680 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

I haven't had a chance to play it yet but according to Major Nelson's interview with Ken Levine the demo is a slightly tweaked version of the first level, they moved a few things around so the real game won't play the exact same. Anyway all the word is positive so far... can't wait :D.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,700 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Ah! This demo is taking an insultingly long time to download. It has stalled two times now. Anyway, hopefully Ill get to play it in the next week :( .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Aye this is ridiculous. Been downloading since half 1 and I'm only 53% in. :(
    I better get to play this before Prison Break.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,700 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Aye this is ridiculous. Been downloading since half 1 and I'm only 53% in. :(
    I better get to play this before Prison Break.

It reminds me of Half Life 2 launch day: thousands of nerds trying to download the same couple of gigabytes of material at the same time ;)
    I think Ill write that novel Ive been meaning to work on while Im waiting.

• Advertisement

It reminds me of Half Life 2 launch day: thousands of nerds trying to download the same couple of gigabytes of material at the same time ;)
    I think Ill write that novel Ive been meaning to work on while Im waiting.
    I got home, stuck HL2 on and went to play a gig. When I got home at like 2 in the morning it was still going!!

I got home, stuck HL2 on and went to play a gig. When I got home at like 2 in the morning it was still going!!

I remember sitting there watching the numbers go up really really slowly, only for a new download to start as soon as one was finished.
    And it was all on dial up too.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,680 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Yeah a lot of people are having trouble downloading. I heard Marketplace went a few times last night with all the traffic. I left mine running all night and thankfully it had completed when I woke up this morning. :)

Anyway terrific demo, even better when you consider it's really only the training level that introduces you to the world. I'm even more hyped about the game now. The design is fantastic.

Yeah a lot of people are having trouble downloading. I heard Marketplace went a few times last night with all the traffic. I left mine running all night and thankfully it had completed when I woke up this morning. :)

Anyway terrific demo, even better when you consider it's really only the training level that introduces you to the world. I'm even more hyped about the game now. The design is fantastic.
    I hate you! Rub it in why dont ya? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Lamposts

Bioshock... 10/10

It was very short though :(

Just turned on my xbox there. The download crapped out and now I'm starting all over again.

This better be worth it (who am I kidding of course it will be)

56% at an average of one percent every 10 minutes.
    Only around 8 hours to go then. Huzzah!
    If my Xbox 360 doesn't overheat and explode by then, of course.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,129 ✭✭✭pljudge321

Most athmospheric game I have EVER played.

If you remember the E3 cgi trailer from last year it looks almost exactly like that,
    even the way you move is the same. The story seems like it's goin to be brilliant,
    sucks you right in from the get go.

They hit the nail on the head where the gameplay is concerned, it feels right, the character moves fluidly, like a real person unlike some fps's where it feels like you're trawling through mud. The fighting is fun,frantic and deep, which is an odd combination. There are tons opportunities for strategy using the environments (and the security bots) to your advantage. And this is with the two plasmids available to you from a total of 8 in the full game.

You really have to play it to understand. Day one purchase for me and I wont be surprised if this game gets loads of game of the year awards and goes down in gaming history with a place beside HL2.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭ciano1

download stuck on %53 :mad: :mad: :mad: :(

My download went from 76% to 62%.

How!?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭ciano1

mine went up to 62%

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

It didn't actually take very long for me, for some reason.

And.... wow. I was going to resist and wait for the full game but... you know... I couldn't wait :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

Definitely buying this, just as soon as microsoft repair my 360! :mad:

You're not still downloading this are you, Zapp? :p

Download stuck at 97% for the last hour. Going to have to try for the third time to get it. It really shows up MS that they can't get their servers to cope with popular demos.

That's really annoying. And the download counter isn't always accurate and sometimes gets stuck even though it actually still is downloading. I had a terrible time trying to get The Darkness demo a while back. I had to delete and restart it about 3 times.

Looks like I wont get to play this until tomorrow at this rate. Ah well, it should be worth it! And I will get it on my birthday! Whooo!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,628 ✭✭✭✭McDermotX

pljudge321 wrote:
    Most athmospheric game I have EVER played.

You really have to play it to understand. Day one purchase for me and I wont be surprised if this game gets loads of game of the year awards and goes down in gaming history with a place beside HL2.

Its gonna be good alright.....early print reviews from the likes of PC Gamer have placed the title right up in the upper echelons of recent gaming (95% etc )..

On a few different forums a while back, I was saying how this was the game to wait for on the 360, when people were going gaga over the increasingly routine looking Halo3.. Its going to be a game which should hopefully find a large audience.......something that was never reflected in the relatively low sales of the Thief and System Shock series, but would have been fully deserved..
    PC Gamer also made reference to a later level in Bioshock, which brought back memories of "The Cradle" level in the last Thief game (only good thing about that particular title)......the same levels were designed by the same person for both titles. So anyone who had the fortune of playing "The Cradle" will probably have a good idea of the type of atmosphere to expect from Bioshock..

Will probably plump for the PC version for graphic performance reasons, but the 360 version is looking top notch and this demo only reinforces that..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,197 ✭✭✭kensutz

10 hours downloading so far on a 6mb connection

• Advertisement

Class! Pure class! Oh man I really can't wait until the 24th!

Advertisement