Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bioshock demo is now up!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 377 ✭✭CarefulNow

Great game. I can't wait to get it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭Spanish Guitar

All I can say is wow.

This has to be the most atmospheric game ever.

Pure brilliance.

This is a 360 game that does not disappoint.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,700 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

I am actually in a state of utter shock. That demo completely blew my mind. The graphics are without a doubt the best I have ever seen, the setpieces are jaw dropping, the combat intense as anything and the atmosphere pulls you in from the very start (
    when those lights came on in the lighthouse, I just sat there gaping
    . The demo alone had many fantastic moments - when I sent that first electro shock into the water... Wow.

I was thinking for a while that I was perhaps overhyping this, but no. 10 more long days until I get to play more of this.

Just stunning. Best five hours Ive ever spent downloading.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭Qwertyboy

Simply Fantastic. Loved it. Strangely even tho its stalled 3 times I still had it in 3 hours :p I really like the way at the start of the demo theres the brightness test so it maximizes the crap-in-your-pants factor.

One thing tho i found it hard to pinpoint enemies in frantic situations, but i suppose thats part of the game :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭ciano1

had it downloading since 1pm and at 10 it was only at 66%...hopefully ill have better luck tomorrow

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,892 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

while its definitely not the most graphically amazing game it certainly is one of the most intense game ive played for a while. I was on edge all the way through.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭grizzly

MHO;

PROS
    Great artwork
    Fantastically atmospheric
    Lovely use of music
    Brilliant physics

CONS
    Repetitive combat
    uninspiring weapons

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,742 ✭✭✭Branoic

Couldn't believe when I was browsing the marketplace yesterday and saw the demo! And didn't have any trouble downloading it either.

Absolutely fantastic game - blew me away. Let all naysayers and cynics in that "other" BioShock thread be silenced!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭0ubliette

McDermotX wrote:
    Its gonna be good alright.....early print reviews from the likes of PC Gamer have placed the title right up in the upper echelons of recent gaming (95% etc )..
    Lest we forget, PC Gamer gave doom3 90%. Not that ive anything against D3, i love that game, but just to put things into perspective.

I was downloading this for 4 1/2 hours yesterday and only got 52%, pain in the swiss roll.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭WellyJ

evad_lhorg wrote:
    while its definitely not the most graphically amazing game it certainly is one of the most intense game ive played for a while. I was on edge all the way through.

Eh.... What???

Name one title that looks better on the 360?

Nothing looks as good as this on the system sorry.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭00sully

my dl stuck at 62% so i restarted and came down in about 3 hours last nite so not too bad!

graphically, maybe gears is better (COD4 probably will be). Its difficult to tell since its so dark but who cares when the atmosphere and setting is soooooooo good :D its gonna be one sweet game :)

00sully wrote:
    my dl stuck at 62% so i restarted and came down in about 3 hours last nite so not too bad!

graphically, maybe gears is better (COD4 probably will be). Its difficult to tell since its so dark but who cares when the atmosphere and setting is soooooooo good :D its gonna be one sweet game :)

COD4 maybe,

Gears isn't even close though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

Looks like I wont get to play this until tomorrow at this rate. Ah well, it should be worth it! And I will get it on my birthday! Whooo!!

Happy birthday Zapp!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Vegeta wrote:
    Happy birthday Zapp!
    Thank ye, but I meant the full release is on my birthday. Hope you haven't sent the card already! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

Thank ye, but I meant the full release is on my birthday. Hope you haven't sent the card already! :D

dam it, the strip-o-gram was already dispatched, he will not be pleased :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Vegeta wrote:
    Not another one! :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭Batesy

Is Bioshock a 360 exclusive? Can't wait to get it meself. The demo is quality!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭Ri_Nollaig

PC and 360 so far, but because games cost so much to make it will probably be released on the ps3 at some point.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Fnz

Great demo. I'm hungry to find out more about Rapture and her noble peoples.
    ... and to kill those GM freaks... err... of which I am one.
    Vegeta wrote:
    Just keep him sealed in the cake for another few days. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

That guys Irish accent drove me up the wall, seemed to be very start/stop, graphically I don't think it's anything special.

all n all, I thought it sucked.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

You're insane.

ntlbell wrote:
    That guys Irish accent drove me up the wall, seemed to be very start/stop, graphically I don't think it's anything special.

Do you even have a 360?

Sounds almost like trolling to me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭lee_baby_simms

Toys'r'Us have already started selling Bioshock a week before the official release date.
    ntlbell wrote:

Sell your 360. Games aren't your thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

Sorry to say , I'm in agreement with ntlbell. Nothing spectacular, and definitely not worth the hype its recieved. Will probably pick it up anyway but it looks pretty average to me.

I'd imagine Bioshock is region free, Darkness was and that shared the same publisher.

You both need to check in to a place where they re-insert souls or something because you've misplaced yours. Crazy people. CRAZY I tell you.

lee_baby_simms, yeah, folks on NeoGAF are going craaazy. Just makes the wait harder. Might play some SS2 over the next week to tide me over.

koneko wrote:
    Might play some SS2 over the next week to tide me over.

I'm playing the phantom hourglass on the ds...in japanese. I know i should wait for the english version but its too good.

Has Bioshock been shipped to Ireland yet?

I think that might be one of the reasons why it just isn't doing anything for me. I never really got into System Shock 2, and (possibly blasphemous comment for some :D) found it tedious and boring. Still, its only a demo, and maybe when I get a chance to sit down with the full version for a few hours I'll change my mind.

Okay, then you just have no taste :p
    It's okay, it happens to some people.

:)

• Advertisement

I have a taste for true quality, not hype.

Advertisement