Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice needed: Buying small Flat Screen on a budget?

• 13-08-2007 8:51am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

This type of question may have been asked a number of times before but I couldn't find anything specific when doing a search (or using Google) - apologies if it is a duplicated request. I was hoping you could help with your own experiences. Thanks in advance for any advice.

I'm looking to by a new TV (for the spare room) and was planning on also using it as a computer monitor to save space.

I don't have Sky Digital or NTL Digital, so reception would be from Aerial Analogue only (I think it's PAL / I is the standard in Ireland, but I'm open to correction). If a DVB-T Tuner was built in, I could probably get the DTT Trial channels (but this isn't necessarily critical and I could really live happily without it - as we only have a 'trial' in Ireland at the moment).

I could also be using it for an Xbox 360 some of the time so it would be useful if it can show fast moving images without "ghosting" that can occur on older models.

I've a relatively tight budget (€200-€350) and was looking maybe at a 19" or 21" flatscreen model set that would be HD Ready, preferably widescreen. I've seen a couple of generic brands (UMC or something) in Dixons for this price range, but don't know how good they are. If they're that price in Dixons I would presume they could possibly be cheaper elsewhere.

Any advice / tips / useful web sites for reviews or cheap TVs would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks again

Comments

Advertisement