Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

'07-DL Almera M50 Outside Lane Hogger Last Night

Options
  • 13-08-2007 9:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,398 ✭✭✭

Anybody else held up by an '07-DL Nissan Almera hogging the Southbound outside lane on the M50 last night. He must have been flashed/beeped at/undertook by about 20+ cars and yet still refused to move back into the driving lane :eek:
    Just curious if any boardsers witnessed this shocking ignorance of the rules of the road?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

fletch wrote:
    Anybody else held up by an '07-DL Nissan Almera hogging the Southbound outside lane on the M50 last night. He must have been flashed/beeped at/undertook by about 20+ cars and yet still refused to move back into the driving lane :eek:
    Just curious if any boardsers witnessed this shocking ignorance of the rules of the road?

DL, that was the problem, saw this big road and thought it was great.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Tourists I reckon. Same crap down here, 07 WX, CE, D, C guaranteed to driven by some ape wearing a green jumper and tweed hat

• Registered Users Posts: 51,238 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

I reckon it is a tourist also who thinks they are still driving on the other side of the road. I see this all the time on the Limerick to Shannon road, usually 07 D xxxx or 07 WX xxxx reg cars.

That and probably the only people who buy 2007 Almeras are the car hire companies. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 4,193 ✭✭✭MarkN

Wouldn't be so quick to blame the tourists.

I had to pass on the inside a few weeks back just after Finglas as I was just at my wits end and it was the other car and just me on the M50 where we were. I was flashed like a shiny disco ball of course when I went past and I wasn't speeding so I didn't move much further ahead but when I turned off at airport I was flashed some more by the same car - STILL in the overtaking lane from Finglas to the M1. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭lafors

fletch wrote:

What time was this at, I had some prat in an 07 DL (can't remember the make) sitting the the outside lane driving at 50km/h (yes 50!) from after the toll bridge to when I passed him after the blanch on ramp. I hate undertaking people but he left me no option in the end :mad:

btw it was at approx 7:25pm on my way home from work.....it was northbound though :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,398 ✭✭✭fletch

lafors wrote:
    What time was this at, I had some prat in an 07 DL (can't remember the make) sitting the the outside lane driving at 50km/h (yes 50!) from after the toll bridge to when I passed him after the blanch on ramp. I hate undertaking people but he left me no option in the end :mad:

btw it was at approx 7:25pm on my way home from work.....it was northbound though :confused:
    It was about 10:30pm last night heading Southbound. And yeh MarkN, one fella in an integra undertook him to which he responded by flashing him :confused: That really annoyed me....I then passed on the inside too while holding my hand on the horn :o

lafors wrote:
    What time was this at, I had some prat in an 07 DL (can't remember the make) sitting the the outside lane driving at 50km/h (yes 50!) from after the toll bridge to when I passed him after the blanch on ramp.

Ah sure don't ya know, there's roadworks there now, the limit is 60 until after the Blanch exit, he was only enforcing the law Lafors :rolleyes: ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭C_Breeze

fletch wrote:
    It was about 10:30pm last night heading Southbound. And yeh MarkN, one fella in an integra undertook him to which he responded by flashing him :confused: That really annoyed me....I then passed on the inside too while holding my hand on the horn :o

Damn that boils my blood when ypou are forced to undertake and then they have the cheek/audacity/stupidty to flash you !!!! Same happened to me a good while back and i made a post/rant about it here aswell.

...one of these days im just gonna go out , buy acomplete banger and just start ramming people out of the overtaking lane :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭2stageturbo

Chill out lads! I learned a long time ago to not let it get to me.Just undertake the muppet and away you go.Although i do fall foul of some old anger management issues from time to time !:)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Andrewf20

Id almost want to pull in in front of him / her and gradually slow down to 10mph so that THEY would have to undertake me. Argh! Such losers at the wheel. If ya cant beat em, join em, them beat them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭Balfa

Andrewf20 wrote:
    Id almost want to pull in in front of him / her and gradually slow down to 10mph so that THEY would have to undertake me. Argh! Such losers at the wheel. If ya cant beat em, join em, them beat them.
    That's exactly what I do, except as soon as I see them start to move to the next lane (I have to be extra-perceptive because of course they're not going to indicate) I floor it and leave them there.

Yeah, I know it's not the smartest thing, but I'm only thinking of the next 50 drivers behind them with the same frustration I had. But sometimes it backfires... I drop down to 30mph and they still don't get out of the lane, and then 20 cars undertake both of us and I look like a muppet :o

Over here the law on overtaking lanes varies from state to state, and it's certainly not given the same attention as it is in Ireland. In Texas, the driver's handbook does explicitly say that "slower traffic should keep right" on multi-lane roads, though, and I find a fair few people are pretty courteous and do it even though probably over two thirds of the drivers haven't ever heard of such a thing.

And it's certainly never enforced.

Balfa, what you do is particularly stupid and just as dangerous.

Like the rest of us, safely overtake on inside and build a bridge.

It's frustrating I know but no point making it worse.

And BTW, the law says, drive on the left so there are laws here to deal with lane hogging - it's a penalty point offence.

Advertisement