Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Am I understanding this right? Re: Sky TV.

Options
  • 13-08-2007 9:50am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭

So, we want to get Sky, we went to one of those Kiosk things to sign up. It then said on the leaflet "Free Sky" for a month. Presumed that I would get sky free for a month....

Anyways, we have no phone line, so we were told that the €45 installation charge would not apply to us. That we would have to pay €93.

So, we agreed to this. Im not even sure this is normal either. Anyways, she gets all our information (incl bank details) and then right at the end, after we filling in everything, proceeds to tell me that the first payment will be 10 days after installation (double installment) and to be paid every month after.

I was wondering what had happened the free month. I asked and she started ranting and raving "You dont understand"!!!!! "Why cant you understand" At that stage I told her to rip up the documentation and walked off.

Apparently it would take them 2 and a half weeks to install Sky, which, from yesterday onwards would have eaten into the "Free month" i.e the 2 and a half weeks would constitute as part of the free month even though we technically would have no Sky.

Is this normal? Do you know of anyother place that does sky in Limerick? We are living off bog 1 and bog 2 at the moment. Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭chuckles30

I signed up for Sky directly from their website. When I did it,(last year) I got it half price for 3 months and the offer kicked in for 3 months from the date of installation.....which makes sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭talkingclock

dellas, if you have decided that you don't want it any longer (which i could understand from what you are saying about the attitude of the sales rep) just tell this if they ring you to confirm the appointment with the installer. latest date for cancellation would be the installer itself if he's on your doorstep

• Registered Users Posts: 51,239 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Sky digital have a shop on Parnell Street close to the function of Roches Street. I found them to be very helpful the last time I had a problem. Another good place is Future Sound & Vision next to Gleason's Sports Store at the top of Mulgrave Street.

Regarding the first free month, always read the small print. This is where the real charges are stated.

BTW you should only be paying from the date of installation and activation of your sky card, not the date you signed up. At least that is the way it worked for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭1huge1

To be honest ya they are expensive but its worth it, I don't know how I ever put up with chorus.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

Well for a start don't even consider Chorus digital. We have it at work and it's "broken down for essential maintainence/upgrading" more than it's actually working and the last time we rang, the automated voice the other end said "please call back in 2 hours as all our staff are undergoing essential training"

I can't imagine it takes 2 hours to learn how to lie unconvincingly.

on topic, try Urlan on the Dublin road, they do a sattelite package. One of the lads at work had it done €800 for 3 tvs and no subscription EVER

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭cmurph

dellas1979 ,if you do change your mind and decide to get sky in....they are doing a deal on the sky magazine.....if you have a friend who is already with sky they can introduce you as a friend.....they receive 75euro cheque and you get 1st month free....now in the small print they do say 45euro installation.....

why not give sky a call..

0818 719 850

caroline

Advertisement