Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Enhancing Blue Eyes

• 13-08-2007 10:09am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭dellas1979

Just after reading another thread there that suggested YSL Burgundy mascara enhanced blue eyes.

Are there any other ways/tricks to enchance blue eyes?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 322 ✭✭boffin

A friend of mine wears navy blue eyeliner (sort of purple/blue) and navy mascara and it definatley brings out her blue eyes.

i have navy blue liquid eyeliner, im told it helps (my eyes are blue)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

contact lenses

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Niamho!

Whenever i think of Blue Eyeliner though i Cant help but think of older women. i must try it though. I Dont like the thought of Wearing Blue Mascara though i did that Years ago.
    They Say Puurple Eyeshadow brings out the Blue.....I used to wear it and thinkin back it kinda did.....

Niamho! wrote:
    Whenever i think of Blue Eyeliner though i Cant help but think of older women. i must try it though. I Dont like the thought of Wearing Blue Mascara though i did that Years ago.
    They Say Puurple Eyeshadow brings out the Blue.....I used to wear it and thinkin back it kinda did.....
    Heh I don't mean scary blue, it's navy blue (it can look black if I don't use much water) and put on softly, not sloshing it on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭littlesurfer

bronze and gold coloured eyeshadow will make the blues of your eyes really bright and dazzly!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 699 ✭✭✭aoife2k

I've got icy blue eyes and I find the best eyeshadows to really make them 'pop' are purples (real shimmery ones, not matt), golds (moussey ones or creamy ones) but put a very light dustin of neutral powder on first to stop it from clumpin or gathering in the fold of your eye.

Browns are good too...even though i've heard people sayin not to use really black mascara/eyeliner i find a little black eyeliner gives them a definate boost. brown/black mascara is good too though

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,440 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

Colors at opposite ends of the spectrum naturally enhance one another... So if you had green eyes then reddy colored eye shadows and liners would be best to make them look more green and so on.. As per the color wheel

ColourWheel.jpg

Little tip for y'all ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,327 ✭✭✭Nasty_Girl

My eyes are a weird greeny greyey blue colour and I find wearing green eye shadow makes them look really blue and blue eyeshadow makes them look really green.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 162 ✭✭Elli-May

I have blue eyes and I find that peach coloured eyeshadow enhances them.If you want something darker then you can use a brown eyeshadow at the sockets of the eye but a peach on the lid and then whatever eyeliner/mascara you want to wear!

If you have greeny/blue eyes, I think blue eyeliner makes them more greeny so I wouldn't recommend that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭I-like-eggs,mmm

Dark eyeliner... brown/taupe coloured eye shadows and dark mascara- looks gorgeous on blue eyes!!

Also your clothes can enhance your eye colour... ie. wear blue tops and the like.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,673 ✭✭✭Miss Fluff

xzanti wrote:
    Colors at opposite ends of the spectrum naturally enhance one another... So if you had green eyes then reddy colored eye shadows and liners would be best to make them look more green and so on.. As per the color wheel

ColourWheel.jpg

Little tip for y'all ;)

You beat me to it Xzanti girl!!;) I have very blue eyes and what I'd recommend if you are shopping in MAC is Copper Sparkle or Satin Taupe (the frosty one), they also do a colour called Cranberry (don't be too heavy handed though!). Depends on the shade of blue, greys are nice on me too

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,440 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

;)
    Miss Fluff wrote:
    You beat me to it Xzanti girl!!;) I have very blue eyes and what I'd recommend if you are shopping in MAC is Copper Sparkle or Satin Taupe (the frosty one), they also do a colour called Cranberry (don't be too heavy handed though!). Depends on the shade of blue, greys are nice on me too

:p

Yeah I've green eyes and I got a lovely one in there called Mythology Lustre and its great.. brings those bad boys right out lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 582 ✭✭✭Lola123

bronze and gold coloured eyeshadow will make the blues of your eyes really bright and dazzly!

yup, this is true!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭Siogfinsceal

one of the makeup brands I think it was revlon recently brought out a range of eyeshadow pallets to suit particular eye shades one for blue one for green and one for brown I saw them in boots in liffey valley so its worth having a look

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 318 ✭✭cch

one of the makeup brands I think it was revlon recently brought out a range of eyeshadow pallets to suit particular eye shades one for blue one for green and one for brown I saw them in boots in liffey valley so its worth having a look

Almay and L'Oreal have definitely done this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭Siogfinsceal

yup revlon thats the one!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭dellas1979

Just wanted to say that I went into BTs and tried the YSL No.5 (Burgundy) mascara and lets just say that I am happy I tried it before I bought it for €27!

Didnt make one bit of difference. Looked just the same as black mascara. Total waste of money in my opinion.

I have a blue mascara from Boots and it does even a better job than that YSL crap.

Advertisement