Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mini disk data- laptop

Options
  • 13-08-2007 11:24am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 649 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I have a Sony MD and have some demo's I'd like to upload to my laptop. I did it before in my last job by downloading Audacity, and it worked well. I downloaded it last night and it wasn't happening.

Can anyone suggest a way to get data off the mini disk to pc? Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1 oide

Hi,

I have a Sony MD and have some demo's I'd like to upload to my laptop. I did it before in my last job by downloading Audacity, and it worked well. I downloaded it last night and it wasn't happening.

Can anyone suggest a way to get data off the mini disk to pc? Thanks

Hi There,

What extension was on the downloaded file?
    Does Audacity play the file at all?

You may be able to convert the file to mp3 format but that will require the free LAME plugin for Audacity. Copy and paste the following link to SourceForge.net into your browser and it should do the trick http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=290&package_id=309

The conventional way would be to play it through a midi interface into Audacity and then use the "save as" option otherwise Audacity saves it in its own native format for further project use. Even then you should still be able to play it back.

I hope that was some help.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Peewee_lane

It was indeed, thanks very much I got the lame enc.dll file. Worked a treat, thanks alot!

Advertisement