Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is an extractor fan in a shower dangerous ?

Options
  • 13-08-2007 12:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭

Hi
    This is my first post here, so I'm not sure if this is the correct forum.
    Mods, please feel free to move

I was over at a friends house this weekend and they showed me their new on suite loft conversion.

I noticed that the extractor fan was installed inside the untilled shower unit
    It looks dangerous to me, should they have it moved before the tiller comes in.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭wasim21k

i would say so. its to close to shower.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

without the picture i would have said no, but i agree with above it is a little too near the shower head for my liking, if it was above it I'd say it was ok (but not ideal)
    might try to get get your buddy to change the fan type to a vortice or something, those ones do nothing bar meet ventilation regulations

So I'd get something moved, if an inline fan could be used and that was just a vent then you could move the electric fan away from the water

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭davelerave

it could be a 12v fan (but i doubt it)i often fit them in bathrooms with a remote transformer .i wouldn't fit a mains fan there for a customer i would move it or change it to 12v or in-line as stoner suggested

• Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭tvbrat

Thanks for the replies
    I will pass on your advice

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭Finneganjp

12V or not, that just isnt right?

• Advertisement
Advertisement