Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Broadband

• 13-08-2007 12:24pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,964 ✭✭✭

Hi ,

I know there was a thread on Broadband in Kilkenny but can't find it
    @ present am on chorus and its 35.00 a month ( says 29.99 on website but apparently because I don't have the tv service)

I am just wondering is there cheaper ?

I was looking at digiweb maybe , but would like peoples personal experience

Am in city/ johnswell road area

cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭EKRIUQ

UTV Clicksilver

3mb connection

€32.99 with there phone service
    €36.99 with out there phone service

€5 extra for unlimited download:)

or There basic package

€9.99 per month for the first 3 months then €15.99 always on connection

Includes half price line rental for 3 months
    when you take UTV Talk

* Download speeds of up to 1Mb2
    * 6Gb Download Limit3
    * €29.99 connection fee and FREE USB/Ethernet modem

Being with them 3 years now and no problems had a eircom rep on the phone the other day and asked if if he could match their top package and he said with the unlimited download 3MB it would cost €151 per month. Guess I'll stick with UTV here's the link http://u.tv/UTV_Internet/Residential/ClicksilverBroadband/index.asp?ROIUser=true

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

I'm using UTV as well, on their older slightly cheaper 2Mb deal with the €5 unlimited option :)

If you don't have a fixed line though Digiweb would be worth a shot. I think their 3Mb metro service is available in town.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭Deliverance XXV

I use Eircom 2MB BB, costs me (w/ phone calls, not including line rental) in or around €70 every two months. There's not much activity on the phone calls though....
    Service is a+ as is the lack of any issues with them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,964 ✭✭✭Hmm_Messiah

no landline

took it out because never used for phone

seems chorus price is ok

I don't understand what digiweb mean by " free phone calls" if no line is needed - some version voip i GUESS ?

Yeah, similar to what Blueface do. They give you phone service with a proper phone number over your bb connection.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,964 ✭✭✭Hmm_Messiah

thanks for that steven

might go with digiweb but when i click on their 29.99 service and pick kilkenny it switches to 39.99, very odd

That's bizarre alright, its doing the same for me. 2Mb price going to 39.99, but 3Mb for €35???

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭pertinax

When utv say unlimited do they really mean unlimited, or is there a limit but its quite high?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭EKRIUQ

pertinax wrote:
    When utv say unlimited do they really mean unlimited, or is there a limit but its quite high?

Unlimited means unlimited no cap.

They will however throttle your speed during peak hours if you take the piss.

• Advertisement
Advertisement