Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

help with grants

Options
  • 13-08-2007 1:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 49

hey, ive most of my documents and everything sorted just to submit for my grant but im not sure if i have everything. As a regular student I have the usual long birth cert, P60, P21 etc. but im not sure if i need anything else.

At this point im sooo stressed that i dont have everything and with the results looming.....

Can anyone help me out????
    :confused::confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭genericgoon

Youll need all the documents for your parents jobs as well.

http://mygrant.ie/start3.html

^^ is an interpretation of the grant scheme, check with the local authority as to what is exactly required. If you're applying as an 'other than mature student' (which I assume you are), then a) is a good starting point.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 goth_detective

ive got my parents P21s and P60s,my birth cert and my parents marriage cert...do i need anything else????

**Offer of place in college i.e. CAO offer or previous year college exam results.**

what does this mean??? do i need to send them my leaving cert (as i saw somewhere else ) or do i send them the offer ill get at 1st round offers????

:confused::confused::confused::confused:

**Offer of place in college i.e. CAO offer or previous year college exam results.**

what does this mean??? do i need to send them my leaving cert (as i saw somewhere else ) or do i send them the offer ill get at 1st round offers????

:confused::confused::confused::confused:

You'll receive an offer from the CAO of a place in a college on Monday Week, which'll be the first round offers. If you don't get it, and you wait 'til the second round contact the Council. Some Councils allow you to submit everything else and leave this one piece of information 'til later on, but it varies.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 34 jackjack555

the statement of results is not necessary but you need proof of your offer acceptance...but it is possible to send in everything else before the offers are released and then they will just process it with regard to eligibility

Shouldnt you have another form for after you get your offer?

how would i send them a statement of my offer and results????
    are the ysent via your house or on the net???

Use form FA.1. You should have got it with your grant form.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 jackjack555

see page 15 in the cao handbook where it says formal notification will be sent in the post within 3 working days..i think this is what you forward to grant office

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭ethernet

Was told by the the Council that they were accepting grant applications after the deadline of 31 August because of the backlog of people trying to sort out documentation. They didn't say how long the grace period would be but it's better than nothing.

ethernet wrote:
    Was told by the the Council that they were accepting grant applications after the deadline of 31 August because of the backlog of people trying to sort out documentation. They didn't say how long the grace period would be but it's better than nothing.

Ah, good to hear.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Don't forget that your Council appoints elected members of the council onto the committee of the VEC. If something does go awry with your application be sure to contact them and they will be in a position to pull some strings in the name of helping a constituent :)

Advertisement