Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nokia 770 & E65 Dial-Up Networking

• 13-08-2007 1:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 26

I have a Nokia 770 Internet Tablet and a Nokia E65 with 3ireland bill pay.
    I'd like to enable dial-up networking (DUN) so that I could use the E65 as a data modem for the 770 , for Internet browing etc.
    I have paired the two devices successfully using Bluetooth.
    But I cant get DUN to work.
    When I try and initiate DUN with the 770, I get a "Network connection" error.

Has anyone successfully used DUN with the 770 and an e65 or other 3ireland phone?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 john_dooley

Anyone out there got a Nokia 770?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 maddflogg

You can't...methinks! Although, I've been "corrected" on this board as to my negative attitude towards 3 (hehehe), I venture into this:
    you cannot use a 3 handset as a modem for a laptop/pc, and so it seems the same, sadly, is true with the n770! i had my n770 with me when I tried a 3-n73, and though pairing works, connecting is impossible (heck, in UK they disable wifi on all but the "xseries" lol...)...so, sell me your n770, cause I quit 3 after 3 days (phew...), and my n770 died (different story)!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 john_dooley

Good news. I had forgotten about this but I tried it again today for some reason and its now working !
    I didn't change anything in my setup, so 3Ireland must have changed something on their side

To enable DUN on the 770 and 665, I did the following:
    - Paired the two devices using Bluetooth
    - Configured a "Data Call" connection on the 775 with Phone Number = *99#
    - Tried connecting and it worked first time

I can now connect to the internet from anywhere with the 770, choosing between Wi-Fi or my mobile phone as the access point.

NOTE:
    The other type of connection on the 770 is called "Packet data"
    I'm not sure if the "Data call" connection is using GPRS or more importantly if its included in my 3Ireland monthly Broadband allowance

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭niallb

maddflogg wrote:
    ... and my n770 died (different story)!

If the screen's gone white on you, it's happened to at least 7 other people on boards too.
    Took mine to MPRC in Sandyford industrial estate.
    They're the Nokia repair center for the tablets.
    Took two weeks to get a new screen, but I'm collecting it tomorrow - no charge.

Advertisement