Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pimp My Society ('07/'08)

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭nialo

Rite ppl, pimping the society is the name of the game so just letting ppl know EngSoc is back with a new website this year. Check out www.ucdengsoc.ie for event details, pics and other bits and pieces. Join up and be kept up todate on the news from engsoc...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

Gunmonkey wrote:
    This is just a blanket with SF in crayon on it!!.
    As the auditor of the UCD Young Progressive Democrats, I am deeply offended by that baseless insinuation.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,225 ✭✭✭fillefatale

I haven't heard anything back from the FilmSoc or DramSoc..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

As the auditor of the UCD Young Progressive Democrats, I am deeply offended by that baseless insinuation.

I actually meant the SF as Sci-Fi, not what your thinking. Sorry if you got offended.

Gunmonkey wrote:
    I actually meant the SF as Sci-Fi, not what your thinking. Sorry if you got offended.
    I was joking:D . I should have added ";) "

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭pretty*monster

I haven't heard anything back from the FilmSoc or DramSoc..

Don't know about film soc, but DramSoc are unlikely to get in touch with you, all their business seems to be conducted via their big notice board outside LG1,

• Registered Users Posts: 2,225 ✭✭✭fillefatale

Don't know about film soc, but DramSoc are unlikely to get in touch with you, all their business seems to be conducted via their big notice board outside LG1,

I contacted filmsoc anyway, so its fine now.

Glad to see the Classicsoc are doing evening socials now!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭Tigrrrr

I joined ELS but they didnt get back to me... but then i do have an atrocious scrawl.

Also. Where on earth has the cricket club gone??

Tigrrrr wrote: »
    I joined ELS but they didnt get back to me... but then i do have an atrocious scrawl.

They meet in the Engineering block every Tuesday at 6. I forget the room number though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 UpcomingStudent

actually, i take back what i said, everyone SHOULDNT join sci fi.

*waits for everyone to leave so he can have the free tea and biscuits for himself*

only kidding, i couldnt drink that much tea anyway :P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭merrionsq

Perhaps anyone wishing to do the above should watch this movie first:

http://us.imdb.com/title/tt0461872/ ! :rolleyes:

Anyone who knows anything about a real pimp knows they're scum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

. . .

Damn, I've fallen into the Twilight Zone again...

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭mac123

did the mma club ever get a new muay thai coach?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭jimi_t

A bit late (an academic year in fact) to be replying but I do feel that the new committee is making more of an effort to be inclusive and to popularise the role of the society throughout the college.

As one of the bigger and the single most active society in UCD (2 plays a day, five days a week - not including the astra hall shows, awards shows, shows on tour and the independent shows of society members, nor the after-show parties, freshers week events, swing ball...) there's really a lot more scope for involvement and meeting new people than...well the general populous seems to think :rolleyes:

That big notice board is still an effective means of getting in touch, but there is always someone either in the theater, the production area or the office - even if you're not a member of the society or are unsure about what it entails I'd strongly urge any and all to drop in; as long as somethings not on fire or rehearsals aren't going on, people are generally very enthusiastic about talking and explaining things to prospective members.

To that end, if anyone's interested in doing some tech work this year please feel free to either PM me here or send an email to tech@ucddramsoc.com. No experience is necessary, nor do you have to go up ladders or anything you don't want to do. It encompasses everything from doing lighting design, rigging PA and external show equipment, rigging lights, running lengths of cable all across campus (fun, I know :D), fixing an entire show with masking tape, liaising with the backstage manager, operating sounddesk/lighting desk or even operating your own show from start to finish.

If that doesn't sound like your thing, than there is still a multitude of positions that continuously need filling year in, year out - all departments are glad of any and all help they can get. If you're curious about what we do or would like to get involved don't hesitate to drop a line to any of the department heads

tech@ucddramsoc.com (Lighting and Sound)
    production@ucddramsoc.com (Set and Prop Building)
    prostups@ucddramsoc.com (Costumes and Makeup)

And of course, if you act, write or direct run don't walk to our office - fresh talent is always needed and (mostly) appreciated :D

jimi_t wrote: »
    A bit late (an academic year in fact) to be replying but I do feel that the new committee is making more of an effort to be less inclusive and to popularise the role of the society throughout the college.
    :confused:This conflicts with the rest of your post. Typo?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Pride Fighter

Will this be done this year? I want to pimp my society:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Will this be done this year? I want to pimp my society:)

Since both myself and my co-mod are society hacks, I have no doubt it will. However it's almost one in the morning for me and I just got in from a 6 hour shift, so I'll get to it in the future. Possibly tomorrow. Or I might just wait till The_Minister does it. That's just how I roll...

It'll happen.

Eventually.

You'll go on with your life, completely innocent.....

....then BAM!

the old thread in the forum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭jimi_t

I'll plug our new website before the lock

www.ucddramsoc.com

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement