Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

walk-in wardrobe & pantry fit-out...

Options
  • 13-08-2007 1:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,776 ✭✭✭✭

....with some walk-ins and a walk-in pantry to fit out, I'm looking for a source of some sort of shelving system.

Is there a modular system out there somewhere for either of these applications, that you've tried and loved/hated etc?

I know there's a bunch in the U.S. but that's not much good to us over here, as they say.......................

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 shesham

I will be getting 4 reach-in closets fitted out by this crowd based in Mayo, perhaps they will travel to Galway... or try the limerick company..

http://www.clevercloset.com/index.html

http://www.closetmaid.com/international/international.cfm?international_id=21&country_id=134&dealer_type=0

I was going to fit out a reachin pantry with these shelves, but decided to just use kitchen doors/shelves etc. for the space. Check out the depth of the shelves for your walk in pantry...think they are 12inches deep, perhaps they do 16"...

Hope this helps..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭ircoha

we have this sort in a kitchen larder unit with normal kitchen doors on the out side.
    the doors are full height and the shelving is free standing in side.
    it is really good as u can see from one shelf to other.
    it holds a vast amount of stuff
    http://www.keltech.ie/retailproducts.asp?deptid=1&prorangename=Chrome%20Shelving

ps it is very strong

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭Builderwoman!

The Closetmaid stuff or Rubbermaid shelving is really excellent saw it throughout a house for pantry and walk in wardrobes that we rented in USA recently but unfortunately although it's widely available in all home stores over there you can only buy closetmaid from people in Limerick who do supply and fit only. It's an easy DIY product to install (so no way we'll pay anyone to fit it) and such a pity that the products are not available over here. More and more people seem to be doing pantry presses and walk in wardrobes I guess they must be paying a fortune for a custom fit out? Contacted clevercloset but suspect they will only do supply and fit too. Any further suggestions??

Advertisement