Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wheldon Answers Season 2 Roumers

Options
  • 13-08-2007 1:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭

Looks like another nice crowd of browncoats are making a push for season 2.
    We can only hope, i know that some of the people here are old school browncoats from when it all began and i wanted to ask them if they know of any plans to have another buy firefly day where all the fans buy the dvd's and the merchindice all on the same day to show massive sales in the hopes of increasing the chances of more episodes.

Ive got a few more people into firefly now.

anyway Wheldon said

"A few days ago, I noted the appearance of the Firefly Season 2 website, and discussed in brief the confusion that surrounds it. At the time, I had very few answers for you all, but an alert reader/fan tossed a few links our way, and Joss has spoken up to clear a bit of the fog. The man at the heart of it all is Mr. Ace Underhill, who remarkably swears that this is, in fact, his real name. I for one believe him, because seriously, if you were going to make up a fake name, it wouldn't be that dopey.

Anyway...Ace belongs to a production company called Brilliant Screen Media. For now, it seems as though his intentions are on the up-and-up (although internet nerds like you and I continue to debate his legitimacy on forums across the web), but his margin for success is probably very small. A spokesman for Joss Whedon has indicated that Joss hasn't heard of Mr. Underhill, and doesn't currently have a comment on the issue. Which technically, fits into what Ace has been telling us all along.

Is the man legit, or is he a plant from some big-media company as one popular conspiracy theory suggests? Even if he is a straight-shooter, does he have a snowball's chance in hell of actually accomplishing his goal? As of right now, your guess is as good as mine. If you want some really intense debate on the subject, be sure to dig the Serenity Board, where distrust and hope run high."

Link

http://www.fireflyseason2.com/index.asp

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭qwertplaywert

at least even dicussion and hype keeps hope of the show alive

• Closed Accounts Posts: 247 ✭✭Almarsáre

Wow, people are still talking about this? This happened quite a while ago.

Well like Joss said he doesn't know the guy so I wouldn't put much faith in it.

The chances of a 2nd season are not good. The rights issues between Universal and Fox would be too complicated.

I'm still holding out hope for a Serenity sequel though and the best way to help that is to buy the Special Edition DVD on the day it is released.

Joss said as much at Comic Con as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

i plan to dont worry, if its around the end of the month and i have cash then ill buy 3 or 4 and give the others away as presents

• Registered Users Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭qwertplaywert

aye, after visiting this site, i relised i visited it before over a year ago, and no updates at all really since then.....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,363 ✭✭✭washiskin

What I want to know is ....who is this Wheldon guy?

;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 247 ✭✭Almarsáre

hmm similar name to the super talented guy who makes those great TV shows. Do you think they are related? :D

Advertisement