Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fat32 option not showing !

• 13-08-2007 2:02pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,538 ✭✭✭

Trying to format a HDD 2.5in laptop drive inside a photobank or external drive photo case ..

I am trying to format it as 32 as NTFS is not allowed..
    I have tried the obvious route but it will not let me choose any other option but NTFS..
    I have tried Manage disks options while right clicking my computer etc but again I am only getting the option to use NTFS not fat 32 which i need..

Sorry if some of that does not make sense ! trying my best here to explain.
    I am using xp home

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭ethernet

Windows won't let you create a FAT32 partition great than roughly 30 GB. Commercial products can do it no problem. If you're access to a fast web connection, download GParted for free and the contents of the ISO image to CD. That should do the job for you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,538 ✭✭✭sunny2004

ethernet wrote:
    Windows won't let you create a FAT32 partition great than roughly 30 GB. Commercial products can do it no problem. If you're access to a fast web connection, download GParted for free and the contents of the ISO image to CD. That should do the job for you.

I am on dialup ! :)
    but the info you gave has helped me out a lot.
    I am going to use 2 partitions both under 30gb in size..

Thanks man for your help !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭ethernet

sunny2004 wrote:
    I am on dialup ! :)
    but the info you gave has helped me out a lot.
    I am going to use 2 partitions both under 30gb in size..

Thanks man for your help !
    I feel your pain -- still haunted by the dialup days [and the bills!].

Good solution. Just hope none of your files are bigger than 4GB seeing as you're using FAT32.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,538 ✭✭✭sunny2004

ethernet wrote:
    I feel your pain -- still haunted by the dialup days [and the bills!].

Good solution. Just hope none of your files are bigger than 4GB seeing as you're using FAT32.

Should be good, the unit is a photoband for copying CF cards from my camera. So no file bigger than 10mb..
    Cheers man without your assistance I would have a bold spot from pulling my hair out !

Advertisement