Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FFXII Storyline Questions

Options
  • 13-08-2007 2:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭

*MIGHT INCLUDE SPOILERS FOR PEOPLE WHO HAVEN'T STARTED THE GAME*

Well I wasn't paying attention the the screen and missed a cut scene or two and unfortunately saved over it so I can't go back to see. I don't know what's going on now.

Went through Bhujerba and to the Lhusu Mines to find Penelo and came back out. Penelo goes off with Vayne's Sister and I'm left with a party of 4. Vaan, Basch, Fran and Balthier. So then, Vaan goes aorund shouting he's Basch and gets with the other resistance memebers?

Now I'm on an airship (laser grids, gaurds walking around and 2 judges at the end to fight) and I dunno how or why I got here?

Oh and at the start, why did Vaan want to break into the palace to get that stone?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,410 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Nehpets wrote:
    Now I'm on an airship (laser grids, gaurds walking around and 2 judges at the end to fight) and I dunno how or why I got here?

Oh and at the start, why did Vaan want to break into the palace to get that stone?

He decided to rob the stone because he could as far as I remember. The storyline in FFXII is pretty awful so it doesn't really matter that much. You could read some of the faqs at www.gamefaqs.com to get a synopsis of what happened previous to where you are in the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

I thought it was his brother, not his sister:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭Nehpets

Oops, his brother.

I like the story so far, the game is so much better than X and VIII.

Vaan went to steal because it was rightfully their city's stuff and not the Empire's. I had just forgotten that when I asked.

Still confused because I missed that cutscene, I'll probably load a saved file a bit before.. annoying but worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭sme

the cutscenes you missed are irrelavent to the game. its basically a setup, you go to the marquis' mansion, get arrested by the imperials and end up on the leviathan. but that was the intention. ashe is on the leviathan

• Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭condra

The storyline in FF12 is crap.

Typical Japanese fantasy - storylines, characters and environments which make absolutely no sense.

Im not saying Im not enjoying playing it. But Ive never had such a lack of affection or empathy towards RPG characters.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭sme

womoma wrote:
    Typical Japanese fantasy - storylines, characters and environments which make absolutely no sense.

????
    ok for ffxii i would agree, i didn't give a sh1t about the polictical aspirations of vayne. but i thought the story for ffx was pretty badass. possibly its a male thing, but i think a lot of people would identify with tidus wanting to defeat his father.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,410 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

womoma wrote:
    The storyline in FF12 is crap.

Im not saying Im not enjoying playing it. But Ive never had such a lack of affection or empathy towards RPG characters.

Bit of a generalisation. Final Fantasy games are far from the pinnacle of japanese storytelling in games. Suikoden 2, Panzer Dragoon Saga, Vagrant Story, Valkyrie Profile, Odin Sphere among others have far superior storylines that are in some cases literary quality. I also found the stories of FFX and FFVI to be very well written (other than some of tidus's backstory) and FFVII could have been amazing other than the rushed ending.

FFXII had a truly awful story which was a huge disappointment considering it came from the team behind Vagrant Story.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭Nehpets

I like it

Advertisement