Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Best diseqc motor

• 13-08-2007 5:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭

Which diseqc motor is the best to use for my 1.1 metre dish for reliability and ease of use?

Thanks for the advice in advance

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,730 ✭✭✭✭L1011

1.1M - is it steel or aluminium? Steel is realistically too heavy for an DiSEqC motor.

I have a 1.1 aluminium dish and it works fine on a Strong 2100, which is a Moteck 2100 rebadged; got it off Tony (satellite.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭IrishBazza

Its a 1.1 metre aluminium Dish.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,730 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Yeah, then a Strong/Moteck/Technomate SG2100 is yer only man.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭IrishBazza

Cheers MYOB

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 198 ✭✭yellabelly

I have an old Manhattan HH100 motor (re-badged STAB) driving a 1m aluminium dish. It's slow but it's been reliable over the years. I guess the SG2100A must have moved things on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭Smeagol

Had the MotekSG2100 for about a year before it blew.
    Got the Stab HH120 two years ago and I'm completly happy with it.
    It's easy to set up (USALS) and very sturdy. I use it with a 1.1mTriax alu dish in an wind exposed spot.
    Allthough I had to fork out double the money of a moteck it's imho very well worth it.
    Expensive, and funny money
    cheaper, real money, but foreign lingo
    ;)

Advertisement