Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The whole first and second round offers thing.

Options
  • 13-08-2007 5:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭

My career guidance teacher only gave us study classes in LC so no one explained this.
    If I accept the first round offer, I won't get any offers in the second round will I?
    Or do they offer it anyway?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭genericgoon

From the CAO handbook

If you are being offered a place in a course which is not your first preference, you may subsequently be offered a place in a course of higher preference if such a place becomes available. This applies whether or not the earlier offer has been accepted. It is NOT necessary to accept an offer in order to be considered for a higher preference if it becomes available later. There is no guarantee, of course, that a higher preference will become available

• Registered Users Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭carlowboy

Right, that's pretty good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 630 ✭✭✭Lucas10101

Thus in essence, you can accept choice 3 and still be offered number 1 and 2 if it becomes available. I didn't actually know this until now. That's good news for me anyhow.

Lucas.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭genericgoon

http://www2.cao.ie/handbook/handbook/index.php

thats the handbook online in case youve lost it

• Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭kisaragi

Woah.. I thought you had to not accept the offer to get a chance of being offered a higher choice...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 630 ✭✭✭Lucas10101

that's what I originally thought

• Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

No you can always be offered higher, but never lower, which is why it's so important to put stuff in the order of preference not points. So many people get burned by sticking things like medicine last.

Advertisement