Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Selling Online - Accepting Payments

Options
  • 13-08-2007 5:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I'm writing a reasearch essay at the moment on electronic payments for irish businesses selling online. Time and time again I hear business owners talk of the trials and tribulations of setting up to accept payments. Usually the problem is with the banks.

I am interested in speaking to anyone who has gone through this in the last ten years (or earlier even). Ideally I would like to drop in on people for 30 minutes or so, otherwise a few quick emails or a short phone call would suffice. Any assistance would be very gratefully received.

Kind Regards

B

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

I'd be happy to talk to you about difficulties I've experienced both as a business operator, and a service provider in the industry. I first started talking to the banks about online merchant accounts around ten years ago. PM me for an email address, I'm based in Cork.

adam

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 CelloPoint

Google checkout - completely free (at the moment) and easy-to-use. Doing an implementation at the moment and I have to say, it's a breath of fresh air.

Expect to see google checkouts become ever-more prevalent.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,470 ✭✭✭DonJose

CelloPoint wrote:
    Google checkout - completely free (at the moment) and easy-to-use. Doing an implementation at the moment and I have to say, it's a breath of fresh air.
    Google Checkout is only available in the US and UK at the moment.

Advertisement