Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Comic con/festival master[ish] list

Options
  • 13-08-2007 5:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭

I've started to make a list of any comic cons/festival that I know of. Not just ones I've been to but anyone that I know of. I'm doing this for two reasons: firstly so people can see when and where cons are happening. I know a bunch of people take their holidays in July so they can go to SDCC and also spend a week on the west coast while they are at it. So heres a bunch of cons in different places and at different times of the year, maybe your already going to that area for a holiday and didn't know there was a con on.

Secondly and mainly for artists/creators. We've had a couple of people ask about what cons they should be taking their work to and I thought about posting all of this in a thread but then we'd have to go looking for it when a newbie asked so here it is as plain webpage that aint going anywhere. Now my first stab at it is pretty basic - I'm not in my studio today so don't have access to my puter and links so I've just done it from memory [so the cons that have little info beside them isn't cus I think they are less important then others, this is work in progress right now]

The list reads as follows:
    Name of the event [plus link to website], the date [if theres no date posted yet I've just listed it in the month that the pervious years event took place] and location.
    Admission price if know [or pervious years prices]
    Exhibitors: how much a table costs or has cost in the pervious year and also wither the con sells half tables.
    Comments: any random comments about the con, links to reports of pervious years, rec's for decent hotels nearby or good places to eat. Any other info people have from attending the con.
    Notes: Theres a legend at the start and each con is tagged to wither it has things like small press tables, dealer tables etc etc.

So I guess I need feedback now. Does the list work in its current layout [I went for uber basic html no frills] more information/less information? I haven't listed Anim Cons, cus I can't remember them all off the top of my head but I can add them. Also haven't list any of the 4 wizard world events. There are also a bunch of european ones that have weird names I can't remember so will have to add them later. The list is also just for cons so I haven't listed comic related events like 24 hour comics day.

Advertisement