Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Olympics - Charity fundraiser.

Options
  • 13-08-2007 6:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭

This could be suitable for here, but I am posting it in Events too.

Arising out of the Boards Beers on Saturday night, an idea of having some of the GAA people play some of the Soccer people in some sort of match has taken root. As a result of a suggestion of mine, we are also thinking of doing it for charity, as I am trying to raise some for a charity that I am going to be doing some work for later this year. See my signature. I am going to Malawi in Africa at the end of October for two weeks to teach computer courses for an Irish-based and sport-related charity. The charity is Playing for Life and the specific project I will be involved in is this one in Zomba in Malawi. The charity has connections to both the FAI and the GAA, as well as other sports. I depart on October 30th, and I am meant to have as much of the €5500 that I have to raise by the end of September. I have about €1400 so far.

If anyone can help in any way, please contact me, as every euro helps. I have set up an online page that you can donate to by credit card, which you can access through my signature. This is the poster I was sent, and I have other documentation to prove the legitimacy of this:
    PFLPoster.JPG

I've been thinking that maybe we could extend this and get other forums and posters involved. We could have a "Boards Olympics" involving different games and sports. We could even get the media to report on it. Good PR for Boards and the charity. If it goes well, we could do it regularly for various charities. I've been looking for a novel way to raise funds. Something along these lines might just be it. So Mods, is it a runner?
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Ill make a donation gladly.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

As I mentioned in the other thread, the B Team could be of aid here?

Advertisement