Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

White floorboards

Options
  • 13-08-2007 6:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Hi
    I am new to DIY and have recently purchased my first home and wish to put white floor boards down in the spare bedroom.
    So far I have been unable to locate white floorboards.
    Is it possible to buy laminate flooring and paint it white, if so what type of laminate should I get and what kind of paint should I use (while keeping costs to a minimum)
    If anyone knows where I can get white floorboards or what is the next best thing to achieving the white floorboard effect.
    Any suggestions welcome.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

I was working in a house today that had a limed oak laminate floor. It's like a distressed effect with the woodgrain showing through a white topcoat. Might suit you needs.
    Pure brilliant white would be very hard to keep clean so I doubt any laminate flooring is available in that finish.
    You can't really paint laminate boards...it would chip pretty easily with any sort of traffic.
    You could try maybe laying tongue&groove floorboards made from white pine and painting them with a suitable white finish. I would suggest a hard wearing eggshell rather than a gloss finish, if you go down this route.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,352 ✭✭✭secman

B&Q stock that limed effect oak laminate boards, its very bright indeed, more suitable than white , I would imagine.

Secman

Advertisement