Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Have Digiweb metro prices increased recently?

Options
  • 13-08-2007 6:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭

Hi.

Have Digiweb metro prices increased? I thought Metro lite was available for €19.95 per month but when I went to their web site it's now €24.95 :confused:

Also installation price has increased from €89 to €99:confused:

Am I missing something here? Thats some increase in price. I'm reconsidering my move to metro now

http://www.digiweb.ie/broadband_metro_index.asp?i=80&i2=81&i6=90&zzz=hm

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I saw that but I've not been notified and I'm a customer.

Mike.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

LostInLM wrote:
    Hi.

Have Digiweb metro prices increased? I thought Metro lite was available for €19.95 per month but when I went to their web site it's now €24.95 :confused:

Also installation price has increased from €89 to €99:confused:

Am I missing something here? Thats some increase in price. I'm reconsidering my move to metro now

http://www.digiweb.ie/broadband_metro_index.asp?i=80&i2=81&i6=90&zzz=hm

Surely the best way to answer this is a phone call to Digiweb? What is the point in posting here when you can find out immediately from the source?

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭LostInLM

Surely the best way to answer this is a phone call to Digiweb? What is the point in posting here when you can find out immediately from the source?

True, but thought I would get a quicker answer here. Besides I hate sitting listening to that "Thank you for calling, all our operators are busy at the moment...." crap.

Anyway bit the bullet and called sales. Was told that the €19.95 offer is over and its now €24.95 for the 1meg package. They've changed their package structure. They seemed to imply that this new charge applied to existing customers also, but they may not have understood my question correctly.

I think some existing customer needs to check this out.

I'm very disappointed as I was seriously thinking of moving from eircom to them after I got the "Internet + phone for less than €20 per month" leaflet in my door a few weeks ago!:(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

false promotions ( leaflets are promotions not advertising) are a matter for the ASAI and you may complain to www.asai.ie if you feel aggrieved.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

How long ago was the leaflet? The price only changed recently and was €19.95 for a reasonable time (not like one week or something silly).

It's still cheaper than Line Rental, before you make calls or add Broadband?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

LostInLM wrote:
    True, but thought I would get a quicker answer here. Besides I hate sitting listening to that "Thank you for calling, all our operators are busy at the moment...." crap.

Anyway bit the bullet and called sales. Was told that the €19.95 offer is over and its now €24.95 for the 1meg package. They've changed their package structure. They seemed to imply that this new charge applied to existing customers also, but they may not have understood my question correctly.

I think some existing customer needs to check this out.

I'm very disappointed as I was seriously thinking of moving from eircom to them after I got the "Internet + phone for less than €20 per month" leaflet in my door a few weeks ago!:(

If the phone service is important to you then you may wish to check out some of the threads on here where customers complain about the quality of the phone service and where a Digiweb rep described the phone service as a 'supplementary' service. Of course this is not make clear in their advertising.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

If you want phone service consider blueface (basic phone service for 99 euro per annum).

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭LostInLM

It's still cheaper than Line Rental, before you make calls or add Broadband?

That's true. It's just that I'm a little concerned that a price can increase upwards by ~25% with what appears to be little notice to the end users. From what I can guess from this thread so far, existing users are not aware that the basic monthly charge has increased.
    How long ago was the leaflet? The price only changed recently and was €19.95 for a reasonable time (not like one week or something silly).

True. Ok I guess it may be the order of months not weeks. Was holding off changing until I got some feedback from friends in the area who had got it. Had decided to go with them but was disappointed to see the price increase when I went to apply on the web site. Broadband for less than €20 and not being tied to the fixed line was the main selling point for me.

How can a company justify such a large price increase for what's effectively a basic package in the current compedative broadband environment.
    If the phone service is important to you then you may wish to check out some of the threads on here where customers complain about the quality of the phone service and where a Digiweb rep described the phone service as a 'supplementary' service. Of course this is not make clear in their advertising.

Phone wasn't important to me. Ditching the current fixed line is more important to me. I had planned to try blueface for a while just to play with VOIP. I only have the fixed line to get broadband and sky but want to ditch it asap as it's wasted money each month for me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 394 ✭✭tak

Yes. It was €19.95 on last Saturday, going by the Metro webpage.
    Sure, it's 20% up but for what you get it is still well worth it.
    If it finances Digiweb's roll-out to other badly neglected areas I'm happy enough about it.

Advertisement