Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Window's Xp Home edition Error, PLEASE HELP!

• 13-08-2007 6:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys,

I dont suppose anyone would be able to help me with a problem that I am having with my P.C? When I boot up my p.c it says;

"Windows could not start because the following file is missing or corrupt: \windows\system32\config\system. You can attempt to repair this file by starting up windows setup using the original set up CD-Rom. Select r at the first screen to start repair".

At first it wouldn't even load the setup disc but I changed the booting queue to CD-Rom first. When I put the windows disc in I am told that it doesn't recognise the hard disc. To combar this I put in the floppy disc with the hard disc drivers on it. When these are installed I can finally get through to the repair console.

This is where my main problem comes as I am at a complete loss in this console. If anyone has any ideas how I could go about fixing this problem I would be really really greatful. The other thing to bear in mind when talking about solutions is im not a wizz when it comes to p.c's so really simple instructions would be great.

Thanking for the help in advance guys from my old crappy p.c(windows me bleh)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

When the recovery console loads and you get to the command prompt. type chkdsk /r (note the space before the /) and hit enter. Let the scan run, it'll take a while. I have a feeling you're looking at a reinstall though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭mathew

before you get to a usable command prompt, you have to select the instance of windows you want to repair, usually 1, then you have to enter the admin password, if you set one its what you set it to, or else its blank or else its "password" (without the quotes)

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭Souless

Cheers for the fed back guys. Im just checking the thread from work so ill give both the suggestions a go when I get home and let yous know how I get on. Also if anyone else has any ideas keep them coming.

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭Souless

Thanks a million lads. I used your suggestions and got the p.c working again!

Advertisement