Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Charleville Castle Weekend

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,165 ✭✭✭nilhg

odonnell wrote:
    only things i had in mind were myself, 6th, and video camera.....

uh... wait no, no thats not what i mean.

Did I not see something somewhere about bikinis and baby oil;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,735 ✭✭✭mikeanywhere

nilhg wrote:
    Did I not see something somewhere about bikinis and baby oil;)

LMAO, oh and wheres the MILF if we want to start that one too?? :D

And if Simons snoring IS that bad then I shall bring my standard Galway Airshow ear plugs just as a precaution. But I have to say, you havent heard me either so between us we should sound pretty lively indeed!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭odonnell

im not playing anymore.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Remember the 27th is the night of the Halloween boards beers.

I'd love to tag along... but can't do anything before the 20th as I'm out of the country.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

Is my name being dragged throught the mud here? I'll be tied up for the next while so no trip for me :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

6th wrote:
    I'll be tied up for the next while so no trip for me :(
    So it's bondage you're into these days, then?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,319 ✭✭✭sineadw

Jaysus is there something in the water here the last few days? Its like a carry on movie :rolleyes:

Mike there is no 'if' about Simon's snoring. Earplugs are futile.

I have no idea what I'll be up to that weekend, but I have a feeling I'll be in Cork - there's something in the back of my head about that..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

I'll alert the border patrol in advance

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭Sebzy

Anyone who has a Holga bring it I heard their particularly susceptible to ectoplasm.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

Mine's now a pinhole camera. Even better for that kinda thing!

At the moment having a tad bit of problem locking the castle down to a date in October it's either no staff or something else on conflicting.

So will be down there Wednesday and will post back a final date.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

*bump*

Thanks challengemaster for the bump

Was talking to the castle last week but still have a few issues with the dates. just trying to accommodate everyone.

Now I'm just waiting for a replay form the castle staff about new dates.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

Sebzy wrote:
    Thanks challengemaster for the bump
    np :)
    Was talking to the castle last week but still have a few issues with the dates. just trying to accommodate everyone.

Now I'm just waiting for a replay form the castle staff about new dates.
    grand - I'm fairly interested in going to this - new camera and all :D so i want to get clickin' - and it'll be nice to meet most of ye, might learn a thing or two.. and the fact its ~30 mins to get there.. or something like, its handy :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 657 ✭✭✭Benster

Can I throw my hat in the ring here for this too? And is there a restriction on bringing non-Boards people? I have a friend who's kind of a beginner in the photographic black arts and he would be very keen on this too.

• Advertisement

Benster wrote:
    I have a friend who's kind of a beginner in the photographic black arts and he would be very keen on this too.

It all depends on numbers if there's a lot of interest we might have to limit it to boards only and in extremes maybe a first come or even a regulars basis. Wont know until I get the dates sorted and begin registration.

Ok dates have been set and a new thread is now up.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=54113361

Sorry to dig up this old thread but this is important.

As you all know charleville castle had been very good to boards members over the past few years hosting our photo weekends. Now they need our help.

3288278303_153752ffa4_o.gif

Any help is much appreciated.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Dodgykeeper

Was there a need to dig up two old threads?

Was there a need to dig up two old threads?

Yes there was .
    People who attended previous castle weekends would have subscribed to these threads to in order to reach them the threads were resurrected.

• Advertisement

Actually it was three threads that you dug up, now how in gods name was there a justification for digging up three old threads to tell us that some castle needs a oven!

A little more detail would be good aswell, Is the Volunteer Kitchen used to feed Homeless people or people who are staying in the castle, if you want people to part with hard earned cash you need to give them more detail!

Actually it was three threads that you dug up, now how in gods name was there a justification for digging up three old threads to tell us that some castle needs a oven!

A little more detail would be good aswell, Is the Volunteer Kitchen used to feed Homeless people or people who are staying in the castle, if you want people to part with hard earned cash you need to give them more detail!

Bickering about this is not productive. Please read the the appeal as it contains all relevant information.

Thank you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭Shiny

Is this the stove that Thonda did the cooking on ?

The Volunteer Kitchen is the kitchen in the castle used by the
    volunteers that are maintaining and restoring the castle.

They get very little funding for the work which they are doing for free.
    Funding is mainly for materials etc...

When the group of us went there to take photos last year, we
    all donated €20 each to the castle. Turned out that money was
    used to pay for the gas for the stove for the month.

We were well looked after when we were there and I hope to be able
    to go again this year if there is a trip organised.

Shiny wrote: »
    Is this the stove that Thonda did the cooking on ?
    We were well looked after when we were there and I hope to be able
    to go again this year if there is a trip organised.

Yep the very same one

3290472040_0e380fd01f.jpg

Hope to setup another trip in a few months.

Any help is very much appreciated.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭ThOnda

^^^ - it is not me, my behind is much nicer!

I was not bickering I was just wondering why you felt the need to raise three old posts to make one point, maybe you felt that the best way to get a new oven would be to clog up the photo forum with requests!

Anyway I work in the catering industry and will keep an eye out for an oven that is being decommisioned that maybe they could use for parts, could you get me a make and model number, also due to the downturn a lot of catering outlets are going to the wall, keep an eye on the newspapers for kitchen contents sales and the auction houses where liquidators sometimes sell off items such as this for a song.

I will keep an eye out

Advertisement