Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VW Touran 1.9TDI Auto

Options
  • 13-08-2007 7:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7

Thinking of changing the 01 Scenic for one of these. I know you can't usually go wrong with a VW but does anybody know of any pitfalls with this particular model. Any words of wisdom much appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

I have one at the moment (2007) that's in the dealer for the last few weeks waiting on a new auto gearbox :eek: All covered under warranty mind, but it took the fools an age to diagnose it. Have had others on fleet, but all 2007s - so a bit early yet to have a comprehensive list of pitfalls.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,423 ✭✭✭pburns

blahblah2 wrote:
    I know you can't usually go wrong with a VW...

:D Boy, you're obviously new around here!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 blahblah2

Yea, don't really know much about cars. Always thought that VW had a good reputation, my old man had numerous models down the years and swears by them. Deciding between Touran, Corolla Verso and Zafira, don't want another Scenic and everything else is too expensive. Corollas are fairly scarce so it's probably between Touran and Zafira. Which would you recommend?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

I've a Zafira - it's uninspiring and bland to the nth degree. That said, it's got a much better load space than the Touran. In all fairness to Opel, the ease at which you can convert the thing form a 7 seater (in less than a minute) to a small van is quite impressive. I do this twice a week. If you're after the practicality, then the Zafira is your man. But if you want a bit of refinement then maybe the Touran is the one to go for.

But if you can get your hands on the Toyota, then you won't be disappointed.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

blahblah2 wrote:
    I know you can't usually go wrong with a VW
    :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭skibum

I'm in a similar position to the op, we have a scenic at the moment and are looking to change it within the next 6 months, we have looked at the same models and have decided to try to get a good second hand (2 year old'ish) corolla verso. We will probably end up going to the uk for one as good second hand ones here are few and far between and command high prices.

I'm a VW nut have gone through mk1, mk2, mk3 golfs, transporter, caddy and a corrado, but the reliability and high satisfaction record of the corolla can't be beaten. Having said that we'll probably get a lemon :p

Sorry if I hijacked your thread :o

Advertisement