Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Machine

Options
  • 13-08-2007 8:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 122 ✭✭

Looking at upgrading my PC to a high end machine specifically with graphics performance in mind. To this end I've been looking at two companies in particular, VoodooPC and Alienware. Anyone have any experience with these two and is there much difference in the quality of their products?

Any info appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,639 ✭✭✭PeakOutput

your going to get told that your wasting your money not building yourself but assuming you know this already;

i have a 2 year old alienware laptop. only had one problem with it which was with the os and when i rang the support they talked me threw how to fix it in 15 mins and sent me an email outlining the procedure for future reference.

they are not cheap...............at all........... but i have to say their customer support is second to none i have experienced and if you have the money to spare then go for alienware.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 122 ✭✭expediateclimb

PeakOutput wrote:
    your going to get told that your wasting your money not building yourself but assuming you know this already;

Yep, I've been pretty much told that already but I've no interest in building one myself. Maybe I'm too lazy :D

Someone told me that Alienware are owned by Dell? Is this true as from past experience their customer service is really crap and I have no interest in buying anymore machines from them..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

Thats right, Dell do indeed own Alienware. And VoodooPC are owned by HP. If you do not plan on self building at all i would certainly go for a voodooPC. They look simply amazing, and they will customise it any way you please. I have only ever seen one in the flesh before. And it left me with wood :p

amdvoodoogoldside.jpg

See what i mean...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

There's also Commodore PC's to consider, as well as MESH PC's

I thought mesh went out of business a few months ago? But commodore pc's are nice too. Not as much bling as voodoopc though. But their C-Mesh more then make sup for it.

You can also try www.vadim.co.uk They will build you pretty much anything you desire.

• Advertisement

dell do own alienware(they didnt when i bought my laptop) but dell have not touched how the company works as far as i can tell its still alienware support you talk to not dell support. and i have rang them since dell took over so i can say that for sure

Voodoo PC look pretty nice but I'm wondering if there is anything better on the market. My budget is 5000.

I think Alienware are out, I don't want to have any association with Dell as I have had numerous problems with them in the past :mad:

what about paying a mod on this site (if they are willing obviously) to build you a pc.............they will get you a monster for that money and probably with a gorgeous apple monitor(seen as you don't want dell)

I'd be more then happy to build you a mega pc for a 5k budget. Drop me a pm if you are interested.

Nice idea guys but I would prefer to have one built with company support and guarantee

• Advertisement

ok in that case I think you are cutting your nose to spite your face(or some other such stupid saying) by not going for alienware imo.

you want excellent warranty and excellent customer service they have both. their computers also get consistently excellent reviews. grand you had bad experiences with dell in the past but two points

1. they are not dell just owned by dell and dell do not actually run any part of their operation

2. even if they were dell if they are your best option they are your best option. sure you can go for something else just so you dont give dell your money BUT if that something else is worse than what you would of gotten from dell who is benefitting?

i only say this as i know how well they have dealt with me before and after the takeover, im sure there are other companies just as good but these are the ones i know about

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,385 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

woah 5000 GRAND =O! YOU'll get a beast of a machine for that bai =D

Advertisement