Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cleaning Black Floor Tiles

Options
  • 13-08-2007 8:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭

Just laid new matt black floor tiles in bathroom . I used grey grout, being careful to clean as I went. All looked grand until it dried. The floor was covered in a grey hew. I have tried everything to clean them, but they keep returning to grey/black. Asked in tile shop and he had a product called Cement Away for €25. He then told me not to waste my money, but to get some sawdust and sprinkle it on the floor and he assured me this would cure the problem!!
    Has anyone ever heard of this or has anyone any other solutions?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,724 ✭✭✭oleras

AleoN wrote:
    Just laid new matt black floor tiles in bathroom . I used grey grout, being careful to clean as I went. All looked grand until it dried. The floor was covered in a grey hew. I have tried everything to clean them, but they keep returning to grey/black. Asked in tile shop and he had a product called Cement Away for €25. He then told me not to waste my money, but to get some sawdust and sprinkle it on the floor and he assured me this would cure the problem!!
    Has anyone ever heard of this or has anyone any other solutions?

Thanks in advance

rather than washing the tiles, wait till the grey hew returns and buff them with a dry cloth, should sort it out for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,807 ✭✭✭antoinolachtnai

Yup, do not wash any more. You are just drawing up more grout and causing it to be spread all over the tiles. If you use cement away you might damage the grout.

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭AleoN

Thanks guys - will give that a try when I get a chance.

Advertisement