Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

New MINI service interval

Options
  • 13-08-2007 8:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭

I was enquiring with a BMW dealership about when my wife's first service on her '07 Cooper was due. There is 20,000Km's on it and the car is saying the service is due in 20,000Kms or 11/08. Apparently the car decides on the way you drive it whether it needs a service or not. The lady at MINI said if you drive it hard it'll look for a service earlier. This car is doing 46mpg and it's not due it's first service till 40,000Kms is reached. Me thinks it's a cheap nippy car to own and run

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

I don't have a whole heap of experience with Minis, but what you say is identical to what I experience with BMWs. I do notice that cars that put up kms real quick seem to have longer intervals between services.

The VW/Audi long life service intervals work well too, but I find so many dealers & indys reset the indicator for the standard 15,000km interval which annoys the bejaysus out of me - especially as they fill with long life oil.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

First service is normally 30k on the R56 MINI. Depending on how you drive it of course, if you're a mechanically sympathetic driver, the car will extend the interval itself, and notify you on the Tacho upon ignition.

Advertisement