Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Premiership Game

• 13-08-2007 8:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 678 ✭✭✭

im doing this on another thread and it is a very good game. the idea is to pick a winning team from a full premiership fixture list

1) To play, just pick a team that you think will win their match.

2) If they win, you go through to Round 2.

3) If they lose or draw, you are out!

4) In each subsequent round, you cannot pick a team that you have picked previously.

5) The last person to pick a winning team is the winner!

everyone could give a tenner in and the winner takes all!
    someone trustworthy could collect the money and once all the money is collected the game can start.

Anyone interested?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

what if someone else picks the same team as you? or if it just so happens that on the last round, the only 2 ppl left, have yet to pick a particular team so they both have to pick this same team?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 678 ✭✭✭iloveireland

The_B_Man wrote:
    what if someone else picks the same team as you? or if it just so happens that on the last round, the only 2 ppl left, have yet to pick a particular team so they both have to pick this same team?

a) Post your selections for each round in this thread or we can start a new thread , but when we get down to the last 5 or so, we'll arrange for selections to be pm'ed to an independent admin or mod so that they can all be revealed at the same time.

b) Until we get to that last 5 stage, selections can be posted up to the start time of the final match in each round of fixtures. ie. For Round 1, you can enter up to 4pm on Sunday. (Obviously this restricts your possible selections, so post early!)

c) We will only use a round of fixtures when all 20 Premier League teams are scheduled to play.

d) In the event of a late postponement, your selection will switch to the home team in the last match on the fixture list. If they were already selected by you, your selection will be the second-last home team, etc. working backwards through all the home teams and then all the away teams.

e) If you fail to post a selection, you are out!

f) If all remaining entrants get busted in the same round, they are declared joint-winners.

g) In the event of going beyond 20 rounds, the remaining entrants will get to restart with all teams available for selection by them again.

at the start it wont matter if people pick the same teams.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

It's called a Buster, and it runs in a few pubs.

I have an account that I use to collect the players yearly subs for the team that can be used if people are interested?

Just transfer the tenner to that, and I transfer the winnings at the end.

seansouth wrote:
    It's called a Buster, and it runs in a few pubs.

I have an account that I use to collect the players yearly subs for the team that can be used if people are interested?

Just transfer the tenner to that, and I transfer the winnings at the end.

Good man, or would you be willing to pm people your address so they can post you the money?

It would be very good if we could get 40 odd people.

Good man, or would you be willing to pm people your address so they can post you the money?
    :eek:

What if the postman nicked it?

I wouldn't have the time to go pick up registered post tbh.

What's wrong with transferring it, everyone posting here has internet access anyway. Online Banking ftw.

But yeah, if it came to it, people could send 'birthday cards' with the money I suppose.

• Advertisement

seansouth wrote:
    :eek:

What's wrong with transferring it, everyone posting here has internet access anyway. Online Banking ftw.

ok fair enough, we will see how much people come along.

It might be best you start another thread. Copy and paste the rules i have posted above.

Another thread?

No need really.

If people are interested they can post up here.

If a enough people say they'll do it, then I'll post the account details and stuff.

Hows that? :)

seansouth wrote:
    Another thread?

No need really.

If people are interested they can post up here.

If a enough people say they'll do it, then I'll post the account details and stuff.

Hows that? :)

ok!

Advertisement