Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Claire's nose studs

• 13-08-2007 10:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 283 ✭✭

i got my nose pierced about four months ago. my mum didn't like my ring, so i bought a lovely pack of little day-of-the-week jewel studs in claire's yesterday, to pacify her. i wore the green one lyesterday, and over night it rusted in my nose. now my nose is swollen and sore and a little infected. i got my money back from them, but they didn't seem too bothered about it, so i wanted to get the word out - CLAIRE'S IS THE DEVIL.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭LivingDeadGirl

They're a nightmare for performing the piercings too! I went in to get my lobes pierced a third time and it took over half an hour, and three of them had to do it! :eek: :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭AARRRGH

Two questions -

1. Why would you let a sales assistant pierce your body?
    2. Why would you put a cheap metal (e.g. not sterling silver) in your body?

The problem here is not Claires.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,673 ✭✭✭Miss Fluff

dublindude wrote:
    Two questions -

1. Why would you let a sales assistant pierce your body?
    2. Why would you put a cheap metal (e.g. not sterling silver) in your body?

The problem here is not Claires.

I couldn't agree more. Why oh why OP? Get your piercings in reputable hygenic place and for God's sake buy sterling silver as opposed to cheap rubbish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 582 ✭✭✭Lola123

Agree with miss fluff and dublinddude.
    If you only got it pierced 4 months ago, chances are that it's not totally healed so you can't go sticking anything in it. Maybe get some tips in the tatoos and piercings forum on how to get rid of the infection.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 283 ✭✭popecatapetal

Miss Fluff wrote:
    I couldn't agree more. Why oh why OP? Get your piercings in reputable hygenic place and for God's sake buy sterling silver as opposed to cheap rubbish.

i did get my nose pierced in a reputable piercing studio - celestial ring in stephen's green. they said three months' healing time, and my nose had been fine up until the claire's stud fiasco.

i do feel very silly for buying unidentified metal jewelery, but my mother was refusing to look at me with my ring in, and i wanted something she wouldn't hate quite so much for wearing while at home, and these were the only things i could find.

(side note: sterling silver is not good in a piercing - if the piercing is not fully healed, the silver can oxidise and stain the hole permanently black. not applicable in my case, as mine was healed, but a word of warning.)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,900 ✭✭✭rannerap

go to a proper piercing shop to buy jewelery like metalmorphisis in temple bar or celestial ring in stephens green,I wouldnt trust anything from claires tbh,as for treating the infection go buy sea salt not the regular kind and soak it in warm water with a tea spoon of the salt every day until it feels better

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Gauge

Buy a titanium nose screw. They're usually €10 or less.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 262 ✭✭txt_mess

If you go into one of the proper piercing shops in town they sell antibacterial washes to help clean out infected wounds or use hot water mix in salt and let it cool and use that to clean it out.

Be careful though if its not looking good go to your doctor as it might lead to a secondary infection you might need antibiotics or something best to get it checked.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,900 ✭✭✭rannerap

as long as you look after it from now on you should be ok

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 lizfoshiz

It's best to wait to get the Claire's studs until you're nose is totally healed
    like 8 months after you got it pierced, my friend has had her's done for about 9 months and she put in a Claire's stud recently and she really likes them.
    I changed mine a little after two months of getting it done only I used studs from Hot Topic, and it works really well.
    So your best bet for nose studs is Hot Topic or even Spencers
    don't use Claire's nose studs until you're nose it totally healed
    :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Gauge

:/ we don't even have Hot Topic here?

And this thread is 2 years old... I reckon her nose is pretty well healed by now!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Zombie thread go bye-bye.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement