Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Another horror story.

Options
  • 13-08-2007 11:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭

Sorry if this is not pleasant to read. I don't know what is happening me this week with my sister and niece treating a poor german shepard pup like some wollen sweater they did not like after all but today I visited a farm close to me.

I saw a dog in the yard and thought nothing of it. I could not see anyone around so looked in the sheds to see if anyone was there. I noticed the dog was quick to get in ahead of me. I was delighted to see about 8 or 9 pups all sound asleep and I called at them to come to me but there was no movement. To my horror I discovered all the pups were dead. If this was not bad enough the poor mother was defending them to the last so I could not get near them. I also noticed a slight putrid smell - obviously from the dead pups who were in my opinion between 6 and 8 weeks old. I also think they were dead about two days.

I was absolutely disgusted. this was a farm we used to play as kids and back then it was a fine place but now is a shadow of its former state.

I also saw some calves that looked half starved. I left the farm and reported it to the RSPCA. The whole experience left a chill in me. How can humans be so cruel. I would think the pups starved to death. :(

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Did you see the owner of the farm? or any farm workers? Sometimes its blind neglect but the farmer could be sick or have had an accident.

Did the mother dog have food & water??

Well done on reporting it tho - if it is neglect the mother dog & other animals will be safe now.

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭Niall06

It makes me sick to the stomach to read stories like that but well done to you for reporting it..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 376 ✭✭golden

Its also a criminal offence to have dead animals on property and not removing in appropriate fashion. I would also call in the Gards as well as your local ISPCA branch.

It makes me sick what people do to animals. I have volunteered in animal shelters and to see what some people can do to them is quite disturbing. Not only that but the majority of the animals are so friendly that when they are back to health they would be wagging their tails are you with a friendly greating.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 201 ✭✭Rodney Trotter

golden wrote:
    Its also a criminal offence to have dead animals on property and not removing in appropriate fashion. I would also call in the Gards (sic) as well as your local ISPCA branch.

I..............

Eh, look at Alfasudcrazy's avatar and guess his profession ?

• Registered Users Posts: 23 unicorn2

Well done for reporting it if it wasn't for you the mother would probably have met the same faith as her pups also the calves, there is not enough done in this country to prosecute people who mistreat animals and it makes me sick. Page 16 of todays Star newspaper just says it all about the regard some people have for animals..
    Sorry if this is not pleasant to read. I don't know what is happening me this week with my sister and niece treating a poor german shepard pup like some wollen sweater they did not like after all but today I visited a farm close to me.

I saw a dog in the yard and thought nothing of it. I could not see anyone around so looked in the sheds to see if anyone was there. I noticed the dog was quick to get in ahead of me. I was delighted to see about 8 or 9 pups all sound asleep and I called at them to come to me but there was no movement. To my horror I discovered all the pups were dead. If this was not bad enough the poor mother was defending them to the last so I could not get near them. I also noticed a slight putrid smell - obviously from the dead pups who were in my opinion between 6 and 8 weeks old. I also think they were dead about two days.

I was absolutely disgusted. this was a farm we used to play as kids and back then it was a fine place but now is a shadow of its former state.

I also saw some calves that looked half starved. I left the farm and reported it to the RSPCA. The whole experience left a chill in me. How can humans be so cruel. I would think the pups starved to death. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭corkimp

well done on reporting it - hopefull the other animals are safe now. Nothing worse then seeing animals being mistreated. Was gonna join the guards but not sure if I'd pass lol. will see

• Registered Users Posts: 2,753 ✭✭✭comongethappy

I'm glad to hear you reported it - very tragic case though. Sometimes I wonder if people can be this cruel to animals, what they must be like with kids! :mad: Hopefully the other animals on the farm won't suffer the same fate as the poor pups...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,114 ✭✭✭doctor evil

to the RSPCA. :(

ISPCA over here, wouldn`t touch the RSPCA with a barge pole. Do you know that money donated to them goes to the main office? (the place that decided to get involved and spend funds in politics), local centres (almost like a franchise) have to do all their own fundraising so if someone donates to them they must write the specific name.

It could still be blind neglect, I`m on a few different forums (equestrian mainly) and came across one incident where someone (don`t know if it was the guards/ilph/rspca etc) out to a farm in Wales. Animals had been grossly neglected and some were dead. Among the remains they found those of the owner who had died on the property and had obviously not been reported missing.

Advertisement