Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

help pls

Options
  • 13-08-2007 11:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,658 ✭✭✭

been interested in b.b. for some time today i took the plunge, eircom are doing a wireless b.b. 1 mile from me some people are connected for trials 1 guy is re broadcasting to his b. i. l. 100 yards away, so i rang eircom i explained that i was 1 mile from where they had a wireles signal, could i sign up give em dosh etc, i had to wait while my line was tested for b.b. i was told my line was not suitable, i asked was not wireless by line of sight etc, i was told yes, but my line had to be suitable as well, all answers accepted,

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 394 ✭✭tak

More details please.
    This happened in Co Limerick ?
    Is this service offer shown on their web pages ?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

It sounds as if the Eircom rep was confused and did not realise what it was that you were trying to sign up for. He or she probably thought that by wireless you meant the wireless router/modem that Eircom supply.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,658 ✭✭✭old boy

i can see this mast from my front door, some peeps have it, 1 know of 6 users maby theres more, dunno what they pay for it(if they do), seems its a trial thingy, as i said 1 guy works for dell from home or so i am led to believe, has it and relays the signal to his brother in law, this is a wireless signal, a ariel is used to pick it up, 1 guy has it on a chimeny, guy near me has it on his window, (inside). its been sent from a place called glenbrohane, to top of a mountain, from there clare tipp limk cork, and most of kerry can be seen.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Simplest thing would be to ask the people concerned how they got signed up for it. If its just a trial chances are that you cannot get signed up for it simply by ringing Eircom in the usual way.

contacted the bush telegraph, the peeps thare are connected are theose who mainly work from home, about 6, the signal has been there for 3 years, it is not to go public due to the fact that eircom would have to hand over 1/3 of the systm to other providers, a company in the area ballyhoura failte tried to set up broadband with the help of another company a few lids were invested, the other company rang out of lids, now a new company are showing intrest, but some directors were in the 1st company, which ballyhoura are frowning on, it is possible maby fact that i misinterpeted the smoke signals as my specs were in the car, sponge bob seems to have his finger on the pulse of these things, maybe he may clear some of the smoke away. the tea leaves said that a signal was being bounced from caherline to glenbrohane with the idea of sending it over most of co.limerick, but certain opsticles could not be overcome,

• Advertisement

each of these people connected claim to have this service for free

Advertisement