Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mains water pressure in Limk. City Northside

Options
  • 13-08-2007 11:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,787 ✭✭✭

Has anyone experienced a problem with low mains water pressure on the Northside of Limerick City?

My electric shower is cutting out most of the day after about 8am because of marginally low water pressure. It usually works ok after about 8pm.

I had someone from the Co. Council look at the pressure and it seems to be just barely within acceptable limits. He mentioned that the new tunnel works is drawing vast amounts of water and that this may be a factor in the low pressure.
    Anyone have similar problems?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

What part of the northside. I'm close to Union Cross and it's fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,632 ✭✭✭SuperWoody101

ninty9er wrote:
    What part of the northside. I'm close to Union Cross and it's fine.

I'm also around the Union Cross area and mine is also working fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,787 ✭✭✭Comhrá

Caherdavin Heights. I've heard of one other person in this area with the same problem. The Co.Co. tell me they're looking into the situation.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭Limerick Dude

Im in Clonmacken,not too far from Caherdavin and everything is fine as far as i know.

However we did have a a problem a few weeks ago, there was very little pressure, no water coming out of the taps or anything! Only lasted a day though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 531 ✭✭✭D-A-V-E

Im in Clonmacken,not too far from Caherdavin and everything is fine as far as i know.

However we did have a a problem a few weeks ago, there was very little pressure, no water coming out of the taps or anything! Only lasted a day though.
    thats quite strange coz it happens to my house too every now and then, i live in the ashbrook estate and notice maybe once every month or two months that the water goes..all we have is the hotwater from the tank in the attic like! so we cant flush toilets or anything! iv always wanted to know what the reason for that is!....also sometimes we get powercuts every now and again..does anyone else get them?

• Advertisement

After the Co.Council turned the water pressure up a bit two weeks ago, it is WAY down again today, Saturday Sept.1st. No joy with my elec. shower and a limp flow from the cold taps.
    Neighbours have the same issue so it isn't just all in my mind :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭Limerick Dude

Yep i couldnt have a shower or anything last night, it was so fcuking annoying !!!!!! grrrrr

• Registered Users Posts: 51,239 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Is there any repair work being done in the area?

If they are repairing or upgrading water works then they usually have to reduce the pressure. Saying that they usually announce any such work that effects alot of people in local newspapers and the radio.

No repairs that I know of at any rate. The pressure here fluctuates a lot.It's never great though, Varies from adequate to poor mostly.
    I'm suspicious that all the new housing developments nearby, both private housing and the new tunnel work, plus the shopping centre at Coonagh are all drawing from the city supply and reducing pressure.
    Could be wrong of course, but I have my suspicions.

all of this seems to be outside the city boundary, try getting on to the County Council for an explanation

• Advertisement

ninty9er,

It's the Co.Council I've been dealing with all along as I mentioned in my earlier posts.

John.

so you did, forgot that, was reading the title.

Advertisement