Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Doing the LC In A Year?!

Options
  • 13-08-2007 11:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 29

Hello,

Well you see im going to be doing the leaving cert in a year. The reason i am doing this is because im ill and many doctors have said it probably is 'Multiple Sclerisos'. Im 16 now and will be 17 on 10/09/2007. I will be doing honors in everything but maths and phys+chem. My subjects:

Biology - HL
    English - HL
    Maths - O
    Phys+chem - O
    Busines - HL

The thing is i need some help and im falling under the stress. The reason why im doing it in a year is i dont know where i will be next year or the year after that, i could be in hospital again. And you know i just wanna continue so i can go on and do Forensic Anthropology.

I worried that when i go into LC2 they wont accept me (never met the class before) and that i may be way behind them. Is there any good websites or books that can help me?

Thank You

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭genericgoon

Try this thread here.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055129241

ALso Good luck with this year and hope that your illness will not effect you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭Attol

Hi, best of luck next year. I did my leaving cert in a year and it is definitely doable. Just make sure that if you have any problems you address them immediately as you'll have less time to make up for it than other people who've had 2 years. I would tell you how I did but unfortunately I've to wait another 2 days for results! I found the Skoool.ie website handy just for a little revision session and they did have some decent notes. I found the home ec ones especially helpful. They've tips on how to answer questions and sample answers and essays. The business course involves a lot of repetition so you may end up answering similar questions in more than one section.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 211 ✭✭fionated7

i admire u for going ahead with your exams and im sure u'l be well able to do them in a year. i know many people with m.s. all of whom were diagnosed at different times of their lives and are all living happy, successful lives.. once u start studyin and taking notes from the start you will be fine. it will be tough but it certainly is achievable!! this time next yr you will be the one counting down the hours to your results reminding yourself that its not the end of the world.

and of course your class will accept u.. if nothing else ul be the new kid on the block and everyone loves to get to know the newbie!! good luck wiv the year, im sure u'l have no worries!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 817 ✭✭✭md99

You are an admirable person and should surely face little bother! It's doable in a year, without a doubt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 428 ✭✭Selphie

Best of luck to you for next year. As md99 already said, you're doing a really admirable thing, and you should have no problems. So, what advice can I give you?
    For English, it's essential to write out a personal response to the poetry of each poet you're studying. Get these all corrected, and then learn them off, because they're generally the type of questions that get asked in the exam.
    Also, Biology is a horribly long course, and if you don't keep on top of it from the very beginning, you'll find yourself falling behind in no time. This happened to me, and I went into the exam having left out a major part of the course. The best thing you can do for Biology (according to me anyway!) is to study a chapter, then close your book, take out the exam papers and answer every question you can find relating to that chapter. You'll find that they ask the same questions repeatedly, and it won't be long till you know it inside out, especially if you do this a lot.
    I didn't do any of your other subjects, but I would stress: Get all the exam papers you can possibly get. If they're just sample papers, you should consider getting both the Edco and the Folens ones, if they have different questions. Imo answering questions repeatedly is one of the best ways to prepare.

Have confidence in yourself and remember that somebody on boards will be able to answer any random questions you have during the year!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31,933 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

I agree with Selphie in Bio...notes and exam questions from day one...Bio is one big jigsaw, at the end it will all click and make sense.

Oh and the best of luck to ya. You deserve to do well...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 630 ✭✭✭Lucas10101

How can he do Forensic Anthropology without fulfilling the matriculation requirements for University. He's doing 5 not 6 subjects, no Irish, and stuffs......maybe I'm wrong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 Neo Android

Lucas10101 wrote:
    How can he do Forensic Anthropology without fulfilling the matriculation requirements for University. He's doing 5 not 6 subjects, no Irish, and stuffs......maybe I'm wrong.
    Cause im going to dundee university according to my school there the only ones who do forensic anthropology as an undergrad course, and i have spoken to them and explained the cirumstances and there willing to accept me if i get BBBBC

And thanks alot for the compliments. And thanks alot for the advice too. I have done around 8-10 chapters of biology and done the novel and the shakespeare in english. Maths im not doing so good on, same with phys+chem...im trying its just without someone explaining in a different way that i would get i have to try and get it into my though process of how to do it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 myth800

Read your mail

Advertisement