Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Upgrading Ram and graphics card

Options
  • 13-08-2007 11:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭

Hey guys,

I want to upgrade my ram and graphics card as when I built her around a year ago I had kinda slipped out of playing games but the love has flowed back in the last year :D

I currently have this mother board,
    (MSI K9NGM-L, nForce410+GeForce 6100,Socket-AM2, m-ATX, DDR2, LAN, PCI-Ex16)

1 gb of this ram,
    (Corsair XMS2 5400 DDR2, 1024MB PC5400 64Meg x 8, CAS 4-4-4-12, 667MHz, 240pin)

and this graphics card
    (POINT OF VIEW GeForce 7300GS 256MB DDR Turbo Cache, 550Mhz/405Mhz, PCI-Express)

I was going to put in at least another gig of ram, would it be worth getting another gig after that as well.

Also I was going to get this graphics card
    http://www.dabs.ie/productview.aspx?Quicklinx=4D6N

Should all of this be compatible and do ya reckon there is any chance it would be able to run crysis at any sort of decent playable level?

Cheers,

Eamonn

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭eamonntheviking

Well, any opinions?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

What budget are you on?

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭8T8

Yeah should be okay with that though the RAM may suffer a little bit of it doesn't have the same timings as the original but it's not a major loss if you can't get the exact same type of Corsair RAM.

dazftw wrote:
    What budget are you on?

Want to keep it to 200 or under, money is tight!

I'm thinking of grabbing an extra 2gb of ram now to bring it up to 3gb, just wondering would that be the best use of 50euro or would a more expensive graphics card be more beneficial? Cheers, Eamonn
    Hey guys,

I want to upgrade my ram and graphics card as when I built her around a year ago I had kinda slipped out of playing games but the love has flowed back in the last year :D

I currently have this mother board,
    (MSI K9NGM-L, nForce410+GeForce 6100,Socket-AM2, m-ATX, DDR2, LAN, PCI-Ex16)

1 gb of this ram,
    (Corsair XMS2 5400 DDR2, 1024MB PC5400 64Meg x 8, CAS 4-4-4-12, 667MHz, 240pin)

and this graphics card
    (POINT OF VIEW GeForce 7300GS 256MB DDR Turbo Cache, 550Mhz/405Mhz, PCI-Express)

I was going to put in at least another gig of ram, would it be worth getting another gig after that as well.

Also I was going to get this graphics card
    http://www.dabs.ie/productview.aspx?Quicklinx=4D6N

Should all of this be compatible and do ya reckon there is any chance it would be able to run crysis at any sort of decent playable level?

Cheers,

Eamonn

• Advertisement
Advertisement