Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Smoke Alarm Help!

Options
  • 13-08-2007 11:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭

I recently moved into a newly built apartment with three smoke alarms fitted. I set my smoke alarm off in the kitchen/living area while cooking last week. It seems to be linked as all three alarms went off. I didn't receive any instructions for it and there is no reset button that I could see. I eventually got it to stop by removing the battery and switching off the fuse.

Since then the alarm in my bedroom has been beeping every so often and the red light has been flashing.

I have tried removing the battery from this unit and turning off the fuse but a while after I put the battery back in it starts doing it again. The battery is almost full as I checked it on one of those testers on a new pack so I don't think I need to replace it.

Does anyone have any other ideas on how to stop the beeping?

The alarms have AC power from the apartment wiring and also take 9V batteries. The model is Zahler ZS0202 by Garvan Enterprises.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,993 ✭✭✭✭GBX

buy a new one. much safer and reliable:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭davelerave

zahler are a cheap brand of mains interconnected alarm .you've probably got a regular ionization type smoke alarm in the kitchen /dining . you might need to get a sparkie to change it to an optical smoke alarm or even a heat alarm depending where it is sited.if you have a sparkie friend you could change the lot to 'ei' with a mix of optical /ionization and or heat

• Registered Users Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

to stop the beeping typically replace the battery.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

I had a problem with my mains connected smoke alarm in my first house. Turns out that the mains connection was jammed on with one pin sticking out resulting in no mains power getting to it and it was beeping to tell me this. You might want to see if it beeps with just the mains power and not the battery to ensure there is power going to it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 459 ✭✭northdublin

one of the units could be faulty and could be bringing the others down, most mains smokeys have a battery back up which causes the units to beep while the mains is off, with the power on slide off the smoke head to reveal the base and check the circut with a mains voltage tester to make sure there is mains getting to all the bases. if mains is present at all the bases , work backwards replacing the head of each unit but as you do check for mains then also

• Advertisement
Advertisement