Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Traffic Corp Gardai Behaviour

Options
13»

Comments

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

seamus wrote:
    I've seen plenty of pieces of footage of a US cop pulling a gun on someone who just got a little too worked up (i.e. wasn't physically violent). Not to mention people getting viciously tazered purely because they peacefully refused to comply with instructions
    seamus wrote:
    That's exactly the video I was thinking of kbannon. A british cop show, showed that clip as a demonstration of US professionalism. It's a blatant abuse of power and needless use of force. Further proof that the US is a police state.
    In fairness to the cop there - he did give her plenty of warning and IIRC he took a swip at one of them. Im sure that the reality there (what with their gun laws, etc.) is that if someone did get worked up they could pull a gun on the cop.
    Still I would prefer our force to remain unarmed (and yes tasers are coming here but I believe there will be strict regulation on their usage.).

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

I didn't actually listen to that vid (in work!), but I'm assuming it's the same one I saw :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,639 ✭✭✭PeakOutput

seamus wrote:
    I didn't actually listen to that vid (in work!), but I'm assuming it's the same one I saw :)

well listen to it when you get home then its very clear that the cop did everything correctly

police officer pulls you over then you follow their instructions and if there is cause for complaint bring it up in the station to their superior there is no point ignoring them/being beligerant or whatever. she was wanred plenty of times as the situation escalated what was going to happen each time and she ignored it.

then also if you listen with the sound you hear that she was driving with a suspended licence which is why she was pulled in the first place.

i know alot of my friends would probably say its excessive force aswell but we differ fundamentally on alot of things.

i believe that cop did the correct thing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

I also agree that the cop did everything fine.
    She wouldn't turn off her phone when directed and the officers are hardly to going to wait until she was finished.

It seems she took a swipe at one of the officers. That's crossing the line so well done to the police, they did well!

Advertisement