Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Irish offroad nationals @ Galway

• 14-08-2007 12:28am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,615 ✭✭✭✭

Little vid clip here for you to sample the fun..
    Will post more as time passes. ;)

th_GalwayClip.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 396 ✭✭zt-OctaviaN

Great stuff Eugene!
    Thanks
    Nick

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,338 ✭✭✭hobie

Brilliant !!!!! ...... :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,615 ✭✭✭✭vectra

No bother.
    Editing the full thing as a dvd right now.;)

Will Post a few more clips asap. :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 DirtRacer

Cheers Vectra, Nice One!

And then there was RAIN...!!! :eek: :D

th_WetRace.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

vectra wrote:
    And then there was RAIN...!!! :eek: :D

th_WetRace.jpg
    Ahh now that video is more to my likeing and the rain, I call that tuff sh!t!!!
    Is that your tuggy flying about there vectra?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭corpseorourke

love it allways cool to watch cant wait 4 the next clip lol

I have to clean one! got home took out all bearings, receiver, added after run oil and it's still there sitting, waiting,

Thanks to all that made the trip to us at Galway GMCC for the Buggy Nationals, including RC clubs FMCC, Navan Nitro Nuts, and Badmcc. The latter 2 clubs must have the best names for clubs in the country!

Plug wrote:
    Is that your tuggy flying about there vectra?

Nope
    Thats an Xray XT8 as far as I know.
    It has the GO.21 engine. ( My one is a Hong Nor X1crt with the GO.28 engine.)
    I was damned impressed by the .21 in that truggy.
    This one
    100_0362.jpg

@ Dirtracer.
    Yeah, I am glad we headed up there to see what it was about. Hopefully starting work on our track down here within the next week or so., We intend developing it so as to hold a round of the Nationals next year as well so something to look forward to.
    Also hoping to have my truggy engine broken in for a trip to Navan when the finish their track, Along with my son and his buddy. That would be 3 more Truggies ..!
    Will sort another vid clip tomorow.

• Advertisement

Good luck with the track, will have to have a trip down when you are ready,:D

Yes indeed.
    You will be more than welcome. ;)

How does electric versus IC engine's work at such meetings? ....

do you have seperate classes for the two types?

What battery/motor power ratings would you need to match (or come close) to the IC engine's seen in the videos ?

hobie wrote:
    How does electric versus IC engine's work at such meetings? ....

do you have seperate classes for the two types?

What battery/motor power ratings would you need to match (or come close) to the IC engine's seen in the videos ?
    Usally electric and nitro are totally different classes.
    The only electric's that would come close and/or be more faster than nitro are brushless motors.
    Fancy a 75mph E-maxx anyone?:D

Nitro is more fun anyway :D
    Go on.. get one.. you know you want to.. :rolleyes:
    Just look at the fun these guys are having :D
    100_0404.jpg

100_0406.jpg

100_0405.jpg

And then the fun started...!! ;)
    100_0379.jpg

100_0373.jpg

100_0356.jpg

100_0426.jpg

100_0427.jpg

100_0395.jpg

I love the smell of nitro in the morning!:)

DirtRacer wrote:
    I love the smell of nitro in the morning!:)

I love it any time of the day.. :cool:

Nitro is more fun anyway
    Go on.. get one.. you know you want to..
    Just look at the fun these guys are having

I might just do that if the $$$$$$$$$$$ Flying weather doesn't change .....:(

I haven't been up for two $$$$$$$$$$ weeks !!!!! ...... :rolleyes:
    (no comments on that remark, Gentlemen !!!!! :D )

Of course I would have to get used to all the cleaning involved in your magnificent sport .... :rolleyes:

My Futuba 2.4GHz would be fine I hope ??? .... just have to get another matching receiver I guess??? ....

100_0395.jpg

All summer long I didn't get a chance to drive my revo or t-maxx, them pictures are making me cry:(

2.4g would be spot on. just another receiber as you said ;)

Come on Plug.. you can see by those pics you dont really need summer weather for these :D

• Advertisement

Must get myself a compressor to clean the car, borrowed the use of one at race on Sunday cleaned it so fast,

What sort of money would you have to put into rigs like the ones in the photo's .... excluding radio (TX) .....

I guess it depends on make/spec so if there is a price range what is the high/low investment? ....

I like the mucky one ..... :p

(is the body in the photo covered in tape/film for protection?)

100_0395.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 312 ✭✭mugenextreme

modelsport in the uk do the older ho-bao hyper 7 in a rtr kit for 189 pounds, with the shipping then i am sure it would be around the 300 euro mark , on the high scale they have the hyper 8 pro, xray xb8 which would cost between 450 and 500 euro just for the rolling chassis you can then add anywhere from around 180-300 depending on the engine. so all said 300 low to approx 700-800 high. remember to race you may need different tyres and spring etc so the price could jump again depending on what you might need later on.

Most of the rtr steering servo's wouldn't last long racing, so if you can budget €40 to € 80 for a good metal gear high torque/speed steering servo and use it from the start you then have the original for a spare

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭g5hn710m4xpdwy

That is way way way to fast for a beginner, They can hit 70+ MPH IIRC
    That is all:D

hobie wrote:

Waste of time for racing. The Jato is only 2 wheel drive.

Talk to Coolwings about a buggy. I am sure he is selling his one. ;)

vectra wrote:
    Waste of time for racing. The Jato is only 2 wheel drive.

Talk to Coolwings about a buggy. I am sure he is selling his one. ;)

To be honest I'm not sure about an IC engine at this stage ..... what do you think of this as a second hand Traxxas Rustler ......

or .... could I get a new one in Ireland? ...... what would the likely price be? ...

I have three 1800 MAh batts from my boat that could support it ....

beda_12.JPG

c858_12.JPG

Fine for playing about with but I really dont think there is much Electric offroad racing here :(

• Advertisement

vectra wrote:
    Fine for playing about with but I really dont think there is much Electric offroad racing here :(

I had a feeling it was going to be a bad idea ..... :rolleyes:

hobie wrote:

I didnt say that now but .. Go for nitro.. at least you can run it around in a field.. OR
    Go racing with it.. Once you see one of these races in real life you would wonder why did you miss out on it for so long.. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭g5hn710m4xpdwy

They are great fun and very durable. If the price is right, go for it :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 396 ✭✭zt-OctaviaN

Hobie! Get a buggy!!!!

More Stable, and Faster than a monster truck!
    More durable perhaps....?

va va vooooooooooommmm! :D

hobie wrote:
    I'll give you a T-maxx, loads of spares and hop ups for €450 inc. delivery and I'll throw in a RTR mini-T with original boxes, intuctions etc.

Hobie! Get a buggy!!!!

More Stable, and Faster than a monster truck!
    More durable perhaps....?

va va vooooooooooommmm! :D

Get a Truggy..!!
    Better than a Buggy..Better than a Monster Truck :D

• Advertisement

hobie wrote:

100_0395.jpg

Just on the off chance you are looking to race these off-roaders. A buggy similar to what you see in from your earlier post is what you will need to race in the likes of are current national round( doesnt need to be as dirty:) ). It a 1/8 buggy national . If it just to bash around with then get what ever you want a truggy, buggy or just a plain monster truck.

Just on the off chance you are looking to race these off-roaders. A buggy similar to what you see in from your earlier post is what you will need to race in the likes of are current national round( doesnt need to be as dirty:) ). It a 1/8 buggy national . If it just to bash around with then get what ever you want a truggy, buggy or just a plain monster truck.

This is not specific Buggy though?
    Truggies are on the way up as well so there will be annual Truggy nationals as well I assume ?:confused:

Can any class of nitro race that Irish offroad nationals like a revo 3.3 or even a revo .32?

Rules are here > THE RULES For Buggies but I am not certain about the rules regarding engine size in truggies.. What you gain in Power you lose in fuel consumption.. so in a 20 or 30 min final it would be touch and go between a .21 and a .32 ;)

Would be good to watch though. :D

How come you didnt try to make it to Galway last weekend Plug?

OMG:mad:
    My father was up there that weekend, im snapping here, i didn't know when it was one. Bollox, i wouldn't mind but it was the first weekend i had off since last november.

Will there be another on this year becasue if so i'll book a weekend off for it, deffo.

• Advertisement

Plug wrote:
    OMG:mad:
    My father was up there that weekend, im snapping here, i didn't know when it was one. Bollox, i wouldn't mind but it was the first weekend i had off since last november.

Will there be another on this year becasue if so i'll book a weekend off for it, deffo.

Damn.
    Would have like to meet up with my revo's new owner :D

Yes, I am sure there will be more on. Also.
    watch out on Navan Nitro Nuts webpage. They will have an open day coming up pretty soon as well I think for their new track ;)

vectra wrote:
    This is not specific Buggy though?
    Truggies are on the way up as well so there will be annual Truggy nationals as well I assume ?:confused:

Vectra it's a 1/8 buggy championship, guys with truggies took part in a mixed heats and finals with the monster truck that was there, plug kinda answers your question, yeah they do run the monster trucks on the day. I am sure if either the monster trucks or truggies them selves got more popular that it could lead to a seperate event , this would be up to the individual clubs to propose these events and organise dates for them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 283 ✭✭Mickb

vectra wrote:

Apart from the club in Lucan!!

MiCk B. :-)

Dont the navan guys race monster truck in there club??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 283 ✭✭Mickb

vectra wrote:
    Also.
    watch out on Navan Nitro Nuts webpage. They will have an open day coming up pretty soon as well I think for their new track ;)

I was up in Navan two weeks ago. The track is still underconstruction. But it is looking very well. The quality of the work is super. They hope to have it up and running in the next few weeks.

Mickb wrote:
    Apart from the club in Lucan!!

I was just about to say that.. :rolleyes:
    :D

Hi. Mickb..
    How you keeping..
    I will be giving you a phone call shortly as we are trying to organise an open weekend down here in our indoor TC club.. would need you to run the timing etc. Maybe even bring the gear down..
    Derek is going to round up a few Northern drivers as well i think.
    Everything is in the pipeline at present but hoping to have something sorted in the not too distant future. ;)

Sound OK to you?
    Vectra it's a 1/8 buggy championship, guys with truggies took part in a mixed heats and finals with the monster truck that was there, plug kinda answers your question, yeah they do run the monster trucks on the day. I am sure if either the monster trucks or truggies them selves got more popular that it could lead to a seperate event , this would be up to the individual clubs to propose these events and organise dates for them.

We are in the process of putting a track together down here and hope to invite drivers countrywide to join us from time to time.
    We will hope to prep. the track so as it would be suitable for a round or two of next years Nationals. ;)

vectra wrote:
    Damn.
    Would have like to meet up with my revo's new owner :D

Yes, I am sure there will be more on. Also.
    I emailed one of them and asked when is the opening day so when i hear whats the storey i'll book a weekend off(or phone in sick) and go up. I have my eye on 2.4gzh futaba radio for less than €160, i won't have to worry about frequency problems.

Plug wrote:
    I emailed one of them and asked when is the opening day so when i here whats the storey i'll book a weekend off(or phone in sick) and go up. I have my eye on 2.4gzh futaba radio for less than €160, i won't have to worry about frequency problems.

Cool.
    Might try to have my CRT run in by then and head up as well.

2.4 sounds cool
    There are a few DX2's and DX3's on ebay at the minute pretty cheap. ;)

Vectra thats great news , the more tracks running the better . Would really be great for all drivers too be given a chance to race in events through out the country so they can experience different the types of tracks.

{QUOTE=vectra]Cool.
    Might try to have my CRT run in by then and head up as well.

2.4 sounds cool
    There are a few DX2's and DX3's on ebay at the minute pretty cheap. [/QUOTE]I don't have a credit card or paypal but if you want to try at one of the DX3's i'll gladly buy it from you:D

• Advertisement
Advertisement