Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Annual Returns Query

Options
  • 14-08-2007 1:00am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 15

I am the director of a private limited company for the past few years and it has now come to the stage where I have deffered filing annual returns long enough and I have to submit them.

Since the company was incorporated a few years ago we have spent about 1000 euro developing the idea but we havent traded or sold anything, (slow burner I know).

How do we submit annual returns, as there is essentially very little to submit but I dont want to go to the expense of hiring an accountant for something which has to be very simple as we have very little to declare. Any advise?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 362 ✭✭information

PaddyKay wrote:
    I am the director of a private limited company for the past few years and it has now come to the stage where I have deffered filing annual returns long enough and I have to submit them.

Since the company was incorporated a few years ago we have spent about 1000 euro developing the idea but we havent traded or sold anything, (slow burner I know).

How do we submit annual returns, as there is essentially very little to submit but I dont want to go to the expense of hiring an accountant for something which has to be very simple as we have very little to declare. Any advise?

I assume you are talking about your cro returns ?

Did you apply to defer submitting your annual return ?

Check out the cro website to see your Annual Return Date.

Your first return is just simply filling in form b1, cro website has details.

If you just ignored your return dates, you will now have to, by law get your
    accounts audited for the next 2 years, even if you are not trading.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭ircoha

I assume you are talking about your cro returns ?

Did you apply to defer submitting your annual return ?

Check out the cro website to see your Annual Return Date.

Your first return is just simply filling in form b1, cro website has details.

If you just ignored your return dates, you will now have to, by law get your
    accounts audited for the next 2 years, even if you are not trading.

Plus substantial fines : http://www.cro.ie/search/late_filing.asp

Advertisement