Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

satnav software with poi phone numbers

• 14-08-2007 5:13am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭

Hi.
    Tomtom POI's are usually accompanied by a phone number (which you can dial out to contact the POI)
    I love this feature.

But can anyone tell me if this POI phone number feature is a standard on other satnav software?
    If not what other satnav software does POI phone numbers.

Any info would be much appreciated.
    Thanks.

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,963 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

Well I know the Airis (Route 66 SW) has the Phone No's on POI's but no phone integration.

V Handy though for resturants/Hotels

Mik

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭tech77

mik_da_man wrote:
    Well I know the Airis (Route 66 SW) has the Phone No's on POI's but no phone integration.

V Handy though for resturants/Hotels

Mik

Thanks.
    Very handy feature alright.

Good to know it's in route 66. It's probable it does it for the pda version as well.

Shame about the lack of phone integration though.

I wonder if this feature is routinely listed in the specs/blurbs of these products.

Still thanks again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,418 ✭✭✭Jip

I think a phone number can be an element of a POI no matter what unit it's working on and that it's seperate to the unit itself. So as long as your unit can have POIs and that the POI itself has a phone number as part of it, then the unit will display the phone number. It's then depends on the unit itself if you can dial the number from it.

Advertisement