Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Car Alarm Options

Options
  • 14-08-2007 8:26am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,946 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Just working through my insurance options as my policy's up for renewal and Quinn aren't offering any reduction over last year....They tell me it's nothing to do with my accident last week, but I'm not so sure....

In order to get the best deal on insurance for my chosen replacement, a 1.8 Mk1 Volvo V40, I'm going to have to stick a Thatcham C1 approved alarm on the car. The car is hardly worth it to be honest, but the premium saving will make it worthwhile if I keep it for 2 years, which I reckon I might anyway - It's a grand yoke for hacking around in with the MTB's and that sort of thing.

Can anyone recommend the cheapest C1 certified alarm available locally and is it acceptable to fit it yourself, or do you need the certificate stamped by a qualified installer? TBH, I'm not worried about the added security aspect of the alarm, just meeting the insurance companies baseline requirement - I'd leave it in a box in the boot if I could :D Any recommendations on places to buy it or have it fitted if required? I'm in south Dublin - around Sandyford/Stillorgan areas, but can travel a bit if required.

Thanks in advance,

Gil

Advertisement