Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2GB ipod with 892MB capacity

Options
  • 14-08-2007 9:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭

While deleting songs from my iPod using iTunes I noticed that the Free Space was not increasing. I disconnected/reconnected the iPod and the Free Space did not refresh itself. I removed an entire album but was unable to add new tracks as I was 'out of space'.
    I have deleted everything off the iPod and my capacity is 892MB. Does this sound correct. To be honest I never really checked this before now, but it seems very low for a 2GB capacity.
    My software version is 1.3.1 which I understand takes up memory....but 1GB seems a lot! :confused:

I just restored the iPod and my Free Space is still 892.2MB.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 254 ✭✭turly

I don't own an iPod but AFAIK they have the notion of allocating space for use as a USB drive independent of the space where the music is stored. Is it possible that you have allocated a gig for "drive" space?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,205 ✭✭✭wba88

if it is possible, u could format it?

Advertisement