Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cat feeders

Options
  • 14-08-2007 9:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭

I've noticed Argos is selling a few different cat feeders with food for up to 7-8 days. Does anyone have any experience with these or similar feeders?

How do they actually work?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

I believe they work on a timer. However leaving a cat for 7 to 8 days (or even 2 or 3) without anyone there to check in on them isn't responsible pet ownership. How are litter trays cleaned out and cats general wellbeing (sp?) kept an eye on. I would avoid those feeders also what happens is they go wrong, break or get stuck then the cat is left with no food.
    There are other feeders that are plastic and upturned. You fill the tub with water or food and turn it upsidedown in the dish and the food falls out as the food is eaten. However I would only use this to keep or water fresh or clean not as a substitute for someone looking after them.
    They are ok for a day and a night I guess but not for longer than that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 manor41

Not every pet is an indoor pet.

I'll go away for 2 weeks and leave a timer feeder with dry food, (up to 90 half cup feedings) but would have someone drop by and check if its fine once or twice. beats asking neighbours to do it twice a day!

I got the feeders in the RDS dog show from some web store guy. I can't think of the name, but they were in Kildare somewhere. I also got a four meal wet food feeder if I am away for just a couple of days ( I do a bit of construction and can be on an overnight often)

Both work on batteries and both work great, but they do need to be in a covered area such as shed.

Advertisement