Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Stuttering sound in Vista

• 14-08-2007 9:37am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭

All sound out of vista stutters every few minutes or so, whether it be MP3's, Game Audio or Movie Audio.

I have had this issue in both rigs in my sig. One has Realtec HD Audio Chip and the other an XFI Fatality. Both have the most recent mobo and sound drivers.

To be honest at this stage it is doing my nut in. I have tried having only the App generating the sound open and that does not help either.

Inqui

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭8T8

Well this one known solution try this;
    Control Panel -> Hardware and Sound -> Sound

You'll find a list of output devices under the Playback tab. Select the one you're using, and click Properties.

Under the enhancements tab, select "Disable all enhancements". Do it even if everything listed there is turned off.

Enhancements tab might not be there on X-Fi though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Incidentally I have done some research and found the cause of the problem.

Most Wireless N USB / PCI / Internal Networking Devices cause stuttering in Vista Sound Playback every minute or so. The current Beta drivers have not yet fixed the issue and there doesn't seem to be any workarounds......bar the obvious one, unplug your, in my case, USB Wireless N Dongle and abracadabra sound is perfect, plug it back in and y,y,y,y,y,you have got your stuttering back every m,m,m,m,m,minute.

Right regal pain the the ass as both the main Rig and the HTPC run Vista and Belkin Wireless N USD Dongle's.

If anyone can find a working fix for this I would be most grateful.

Inqui

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

Could there be an IRQ sharing between the sound and usb?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 guigsy

There are 2 Pieces of hardware that are pivotal to good sound playback. Your Audio card and your Chipset. You need the latest drivers for both. Ensure they are the latest and greatest as I've seen this time and time before.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

All fully up to date, first thing tried to rectify the problem. This is across 2 PC's one with a Realtec HD Sound Chip and 1 with an XFI fatality, unplugging the USB Dongle solves the problem.

http://forums.linksys.com/linksys/board/message?board.id=Wireless_Adapters&thread.id=6567

http://forums.microsoft.com/MSDN/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=1196678&SiteID=1&pageid=1

I have made 2 batch files to run as per the solution mentioned in the 1st link above, but haven;t had time to test it yet, but it's a workaround, not an acceptable solution.

• Advertisement
Advertisement