Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bioshock Limited Edition.

Options
  • 14-08-2007 9:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 28

I'm a sucker for Limited Editions, and I've been looking everywhere for it, anybody know how to get a hold of one over here?

apparently it's gamestop/EB exclusive, but I went to gamestop, and they only had the regular version.

please help, I NEED! LE!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

It's a Gamestop/EB exclusive in the US, but in the UK (and here) it's Game. I pre-ordered my Collector's Edition in Game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭0ubliette

Ive odered the LE from game, should be waiting for me when i get back from america :D

Some nice footage of the big daddy figure that comes with the LE:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eBGIQ7ZuuiU

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Enyeez

I love you,

thanks for the quick replies.

and damnit, Rickroll'd...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Stupid question;

Is the limited edition available for both the pc and 360 versions?
    tempted to wander into game and preorder it for the pc now if so...

Yes, tman, I've preordered the collector's edition for PC.

BTW peeps the one with the figure is collector's edition, not limited edition. I think they're called the standard tin-case one the LE.

• Advertisement

Thanks Konny, I'll book the collectors edition later on today, then:)

I've just been doing a bit of googling and found this, it might be of interest to anybody that likes the artwork of Bioshock...
    I'm personally going to avoid looking at it until I've played the game though

Collectors Edition avail for 360 at game aswell, and how much are they charging ?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Enyeez wrote:
    Collectors Edition avail for 360 at game aswell, and how much are they charging ?
    GAME aren't given the price until the actual game is in stores. Though it will probably be around the 75 euro mark.

UK prices are on their site, could be estimates though...

http://www.game.co.uk/lowdown.aspx?lid=6890

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

70 and 75 is the price for the game im pretty sure

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭MooseJam

54 for the pc probably or 44.99

• Closed Accounts Posts: 499 ✭✭Gizzle

Hmmm, Game in Liffey Valley say they're only getting in the LE (the one in the tin), does anyone know of if any of the Game's in and around Dublin City Centre are stocking the CE?

I went into the one in the Ilac Centre (Henry Street) they were getting all three.

OMG the demo... OMG!

Gizzle wrote:
    Hmmm, Game in Liffey Valley say they're only getting in the LE (the one in the tin), does anyone know of if any of the Game's in and around Dublin City Centre are stocking the CE?

not true. the tin is standard for the moment. the version with the big daddy figure is limited and all GAME stores are getrting them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 499 ✭✭Gizzle

evad_lhorg wrote:
    not true. the tin is standard for the moment. the version with the big daddy figure is limited and all GAME stores are getrting them

Well then the Celbo guy who's a supervisor of sorts in the LV GAME lied to me....and now I've spent a criminal €80 on getting it from Komplett...*sob*

Did Komplett ship it? They list a super low amount coming in stock so they might not even have enough.

You could cancel and still perhaps pre-order it in (another) Game or buy from Game's online store.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Fnz

I pre-ordered the "Collectors' Edition" in Gamestop as the assistant told me it was the same price (€70) as the regular edition. I assume that he is mistaken and what I'll actually be getting is the 'Limited Edition'.

What do you reckon... €70 for each 'Limited' and 'Standard' edition sounds less crazy, doesn't it?

I don't think Gamestop get the collector's edition here, do they? Over here I think it's Game only. He might be referring to the tin version then.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭LookingFor

Can anyone with a PC collector's edition preorder from Game confirm the SKU description on their receipt? Mine says NRRBIOSHOCK SP. Is this correct? I've a bad feeling they put me down for the limited edition instead, or something..

LookingFor wrote:
    Can anyone with a PC collector's edition preorder from Game confirm the SKU description on their receipt? Mine says NRRBIOSHOCK SP. Is this correct? I've a bad feeling they put me down for the limited edition instead, or something..
    Same with mine, I went back to confirm that they'd actually ordered the correct version for me and apparently he'd made a note of it in their order book...

I'd say there's a 50/50 chance of it actually being there for me on Friday, I might call in again during the week just to confirm it.

• Advertisement

Yeah they seem to note it in the book when you order a CE, so that's fine.

The only concern now is whether the CE is coming out on friday or not, plenty of the ones delivered to Gamestop stores in the US had damaged Big Daddies, and now there's rumours of a delay of the CE version in Europe :(
    Same as tman, I'm popping in again later in the week to check they got them in.

Thanks for the info. I might give them a call later in the week. I'm half-tempted just to get it on Steam..might be able to download it today if I can order it there.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

LookingFor wrote:
    Thanks for the info. I might give them a call later in the week. I'm half-tempted just to get it on Steam..might be able to download it today if I can order it there.

you can pre-order alright, and download the game so that when friday hits at 12 midnight you'll be able to play right off the bat.

i haven't pre-ordered (every time i've done that i've had no need to, even with halo2 and the like) but i'm in work at 10AM every day so i can just pop into gamestop and pick it up on le PC. if i get a super special edition version i'll laugh at you all :)

Someone posted on the other thread and said the Steam version doesn't activate until 9PM on friday.

Ah, crap, I was hoping its steam release wasn't regionalised. Might as well wait and see what Game has for me I guess.

I don't know if it's true, but that's what someone posted. I hope that doesn't apply to the standard activation servers too (for the PC version).

Some folks in the US are mighty pissed off because they got their PC versions at the midnight launch but couldn't play it because the activation server isn't up yet. What's the point of a midnight launch if you can't play the game until the next day? Muppets, they should have said something about that.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

koneko wrote:
    Someone posted on the other thread and said the Steam version doesn't activate until 9PM on friday.

is that midnight valve time? or is this just another case of valve time in action?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,950 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

I'm convinced now that the 9 pm activation time is accurate because they refunded me without any hesitation at all when I complained about the "play it the moment it's released" quote on their site.

what many people are confused about is the tin case. the "normal version" in GAME at least is one in a tin case like the halo 2 collectors one or whatever. this may well be a limited thing with it being a steel case but its just the game and nothing else.

the limited edition with the big daddy is the proper LIMITED one. 75 euros in game and 60 I think on pc but all that could change. the real prices wont be around until release but they are the ones for now. It is not GAME exclusive either. I can guarantee you they would have it written all over the page for bioshock if it was and as you can see http://www.game.co.uk/ViewProduct.aspx?cat=11299&mid=331545
    It is nowhere to be seen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,465 ✭✭✭MOH

evad_lhorg wrote:
    what many people are confused about is the tin case. the "normal version" in GAME at least is one in a tin case like the halo 2 collectors one or whatever. this may well be a limited thing with it being a steel case but its just the game and nothing else.

the limited edition with the big daddy is the proper LIMITED one. 75 euros in game and 60 I think on pc but all that could change. the real prices wont be around until release but they are the ones for now. It is not GAME exclusive either. I can guarantee you they would have it written all over the page for bioshock if it was and as you can see http://www.game.co.uk/ViewProduct.aspx?cat=11299&mid=331545
    It is nowhere to be seen.

Here, the normal one in the steel case is the 'Limited Edition'.
    The one with the big daddy is the 'Collectors Edition'.

But in the US the Collectors Edition seems to be called the Limited Edition. :confused:

Advertisement