Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bioshock Limited Edition.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭xeni

LookingFor wrote:
    Can anyone with a PC collector's edition preorder from Game confirm the SKU description on their receipt? Mine says NRRBIOSHOCK SP. Is this correct? I've a bad feeling they put me down for the limited edition instead, or something..

Well, I pre-ordered the Collector's Edition at Game at Blanch Shopping Centre and the code on the receipt is the same as yours, so hopefully that's the correct one.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

look the steel case is just standard for now so its not called a special, limited or collectors at all in Gme . the only one game call special, limited, collectors, super, ammazing or whatver the fúck you want is the one with the big daddy. why are people getting so bent over this?!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Huh? I don't see anyone getting bent over this...
    The tin version would be "limited edition", there is a standard version in a normal plastic case, you can see it on Play.com, HMV, Game's site, Gameplay.co.uk etc.
    I wonder which one stores like Smyths will have.

Argos have it listed for 360 for €60 if anyone's interested btw. The picture seem to be of the tin version but it doesn't say that in the listing, but hopefully the pic is correct.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,465 ✭✭✭MOH

evad_lhorg wrote:
    look the steel case is just standard for now so its not called a special, limited or collectors at all in Gme . the only one game call special, limited, collectors, super, ammazing or whatver the fúck you want is the one with the big daddy. why are people getting so bent over this?!

There's 3 versions.

The normal packaging, the tin case (Limited Edition here), and the Big Daddy (Colllector's Edition here, Limited Edition in North America).

Presumably people are "getting so bent over" due to hearing about the (US) Limited Edition, buying the Limited Edition here, and finding out it's actually the normal version in a tin case.

Could be, that might confuse some. Adding to the confusion, in America the big daddy edition doesn't come with a tin case, here it does (gooe Europe). People in the US were mighty pissed off when they found out their super-special version has an embossed slip case instead of a tin case.

• Advertisement

Meant to post this yesterday, someone on EG posted a pic of the European CE contents:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v211/grant666uk/Image116.jpg

CE's come in okay, Zapp? Didn't get to pop in today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭MooseJam

I wonder can you buy the big daddy without the game, it's pretty cool

• Closed Accounts Posts: 499 ✭✭Gizzle

That Big Daddy is heroic. Finally, a foe worthy of my Alien Queen figurine....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

koneko wrote:
    Meant to post this yesterday, someone on EG posted a pic of the European CE contents:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v211/grant666uk/Image116.jpg

I thought the figure would just be a tiny little thing, I want the CE now!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭Gerard_Smith

Right, let me see it I have this straight.

There is the regular edition which the game in a standard plastic case.

The limited edition which is the game in a tin box but comes with nothing extra. Just the game in a tin box.

And the collectors edition which comes with the Big Daddy Figure the soundtrack CD the Making Of DVD and the tin Box.

Yes, spot on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭MooseJam

That games for windows logo across the top of the box spoils it

koneko wrote:
    Yes, spot on.

You would have thought they would have included the soundtrack and making of in the limited edition :(

Actually no we aren't missing out on anything. Just found out the soundtrack CD only features 3 tracks and they aren't tracks from the game they are tracks from the game remixed by Mobey...

How very disappointing.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Just so everyone knows, all 3 versions were delivered to GAME. The normal 360 version, the tin, and the collectors (very limited stock though). And the 2 PC versions came in aswell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Actually no we aren't missing out on anything. Just found out the soundtrack CD only features 3 tracks and they aren't tracks from the game they are tracks from the game remixed by Mobey...

How very disappointing.
    Could you post the source of that?
    I haven't seen any mention of that elsewhere...

tman wrote:
    Could you post the source of that?
    I haven't seen any mention of that elsewhere...

Here you go

http://forums.2kgames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5571&highlight=sound+track

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Enyeez

Just so everyone knows, all 3 versions were delivered to GAME. The normal 360 version, the tin, and the collectors (very limited stock though). And the 2 PC versions came in aswell.

"VERY LIMITED STOCK"

makes me worry, am I still ensured a copy if I preordered ?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

Picked up my Collectors edition this morning in Gamestop in Galway for 49.99 with no preorder...
    They had one more left too..

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

I picked up the CE one (PC)in Game in blanch , it was €55 though.
    I didnt bother preordering (after they screwed up my WOW:TBC preorder).
    They had "a few" in stock apparently.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭LookingFor

I'm half-thinking of swapping my PC CE for 360 CE if I can. Preordered the PC CE with Game Blanch, so if they've enough of them to be selling them without preorders, hopefully I'll be able to get the 360 one without too many problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭The Smircher

Got mine in Game LV this morning.
    Collectors Edition (PC) is priced at 59.99 on display but scans in at 54.99.
    The regular edition is priced at 54.99 on display, so maybe it's selling for 49.99?

I saw the last X360 CE being sold from the display case before me, maybe they have more in the back room if anyone is looking for them.
    X360 CE is priced at 74.99.

The Big Daddy figure looks great, can't wait to have a look at the game later.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

SO how is the cheapest for the 360 to pick it up in?
    saw extra vision are chargin 75euro's for the "limited edition"
    75 bleedin euor's for a game!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

The regular edition is priced at 54.99 on display, so maybe it's selling for 49.99?

I saw the last X360 CE being sold from the display case before me, maybe they have more in the back room if anyone is looking for them.
    X360 CE is priced at 74.99.

The Big Daddy figure looks great, can't wait to have a look at the game later.
    jaysus howaya smirch , long time no see (I'm dr_bob from d'other place)
    The PC:LE version was 44.99 in Game by the way
    I'd give them a ring first LookingFor, I was in at 9.05 am this morning , and I think they'd only a few CE's and only one or two non preordered ones.

Greetings good doctor, nice to see you again....well in the virtual sense anyway!

I'm just wishing away the work hours so that I can get stuck into this game.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Stokolan

Got the special edition myself for the PC. just for the Model alone :p

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭bindybandy

Got my copy in Smyths for only €40.49 with my loyalty discount - 4 euro off and that one had the Big Daddy figure - A very good price and the game seems to be great fun so far - pretty scary in places and the chatter from the mad inhabitants is disturbing. The only gripe I'd have is I don't like the copy protection system but I can see how piracy can force a company to do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Not to doubt you, but is it really going for 59.99 in LV? I got the CE (PC) in Game in Clarehall and it was 49.99. Strange that the same franchise would have different prices :confused:

Regardless, I've got my Big Daddy doll :D

• Advertisement

I've seen that happen, items priced differently between different stores.
    Ah bugger, to be honest it would be more hassle for me to go back and argue the price with them now especially I've opened the box. Plus, I want to play it now....won't get a chance to get back there until tomorrow at the earliest.

Advertisement