Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bioshock Limited Edition.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭WellyJ

humanji wrote:
    Not to doubt you, but is it really going for 59.99 in LV? I got the CE (PC) in Game in Clarehall and it was 49.99. Strange that the same franchise would have different prices :confused:

Regardless, I've got my Big Daddy doll :D

Don't think there is a Game in Clarehall,

There is a Gamestop though

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭The Smircher

Some bugger on the 2Kgames forums has put a spoiler in his thread title....which showed up briefly when I was browsing the tech support forum. Hope it hasn't ruined the game for me.....
    :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

Lenny wrote:
    SO how is the cheapest for the 360 to pick it up in?
    saw extra vision are chargin 75euro's for the "limited edition"
    75 bleedin euor's for a game!

€55 for the limited edition (i.e. metal case, no big daddy :( ) in Virgin.
    Most places sold out of the CE for the 360 already.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Tusky

You will need access to activate it the first time.

After that you dont need it anymore,

But on install you will have to connect.

Sucks tbh

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭The Smircher

It needs an internet connection to activate. Won't work otherwise.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

WellyJ wrote:
    Don't think there is a Game in Clarehall,

There is a Gamestop though
    Ah, that'll explain it. I tend to stop reading after the first 4 letters of any sign.

WellyJ wrote:
    Tusky

You will need access to activate it the first time.

After that you dont need it anymore,

But on install you will have to connect.

Sucks tbh

So basically I can never play it on my pc if I dont have access to the internet ? That is ****ing dreadful.

This is getting returned tonight.

Tusky wrote:
    So basically I can never play it on my pc if I dont have access to the internet ? That is ****ing dreadful.

This is getting returned tonight.

But it's SO worth it...

Bring your pc around to a friends house,

Or do any of your friends have an internet capable mobile phone?

Activating through that or something as a one off would be worth it.

WellyJ wrote:
    But it's SO worth it...

Bring your pc around to a friends house,

Or do any of your friends have an internet capable mobile phone?

Activating through that or something as a one off would be worth it.

Hmm. Yeah I suppose, seems like a lot of bother. I do REALLY want to play it though.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

bindybandy wrote:
    Got my copy in Smyths for only €40.49 with my loyalty discount - 4 euro off and that one had the Big Daddy figure - A very good price and the game seems to be great fun so far - pretty scary in places and the chatter from the mad inhabitants is disturbing. The only gripe I'd have is I don't like the copy protection system but I can see how piracy can force a company to do it.
    you got lucky there , looks like the till monkeys seem to be selling the CE version at the LE price.
    Game in the ILAC have at least 3 copies of the CE one in the display case , no idea whether its PC or 360 though.They seem to have originally labeled the PC:CE one as 59 , but are selling it for 55.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

well the "till monkeys" havnt got anything to do with that. that is what they call a commercial dept.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

pictures of Big Daddy dolls folks, come on

could put them in funny poses like humping a teddy and then photoshop in a terrible pun like "Who's your Daddy?"

my god the soundtrack cd is crap. the real soundtrack wouldve been great. the music is amazing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Vegeta wrote:
    pictures of Big Daddy dolls folks, come on

could put them in funny poses like humping a teddy and then photoshop in a terrible pun like "Who's your Daddy?"
    :eek:

Think I'll get back to playing the game...

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

1224089304_16a992cc5d.jpg

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

evad_lhorg wrote:
    well the "till monkeys" havnt got anything to do with that. that is what they call a commercial dept.
    ...er what?
    Ok till monkey was just a joke name for the guy behind the counter.
    I know , I was that soldier.
    But what the hell is a commercial department??
    If you mean pricing . it seems a bit odd that they're selling the Collectors edition at 10 euros cheaper than anywhere else , and EXACTLY the same price as the standard one.I'm guessing that it was rang through as a standard one.

Got mine in Game LV this morning.
    Collectors Edition (PC) is priced at 59.99 on display but scans in at 54.99.
    The regular edition is priced at 54.99 on display, so maybe it's selling for 49.99?

I saw the last X360 CE being sold from the display case before me, maybe they have more in the back room if anyone is looking for them.
    X360 CE is priced at 74.99.

The Big Daddy figure looks great, can't wait to have a look at the game later.

Did you preorder,

Those absolute ***** in GAME LV sold my fúcking preorder.

Can't believe that,

What the **** is the point of preordering if they are going to do that?

Could have got my friend to get it earlier in town for me but said no, I'll honor my pre order.

So ****ing mad at these bastards.

Any suggestions?

Anywhere I can complain to?

Is it against the law for them to do this?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,460 ✭✭✭shinzon

was very lucky, i was walking into the shopping centre where my local gamestop is in waterford and one of the lads was outside having a ciggie and spotted me he came straight over and said get my ass upto the shop now theres only 2 ces left, so ran got my wages and went up, and as he said only 2 for the pc left, so grabbed it and am very happily playing it now, there was no ces for the 360 that i could see but wasnt really looking

Shin

WellyJ wrote:
    Did you preorder,

Those absolute ***** in GAME LV sold my fúcking preorder.

Can't believe that,

What the **** is the point of preordering if they are going to do that?

Could have got my friend to get it earlier in town for me but said no, I'll honor my pre order.

So ****ing mad at these bastards.

Any suggestions?

Anywhere I can complain to?

Is it against the law for them to do this?

get the customer care nnumber(english I know). youll get one by complaining. They are supposed to hold it until close of business on saturday maybe sunday. it is bull but thats how it goes some times.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28 Enyeez

Apparently GAME can't do **** for their customers.

Pre-ordered mine 3 weeks ago, made sure she knew I was talking about the CE I went in there today, and they had sent most of them to another store, and sold the rest to other pre-order customers.

sigh...

some of us were fked by GAME (again), bought a LE in HMW.

sigh...

/cry

• Registered Users Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

tman and monkeyfuge are now my heroes

classic stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭ansionnachclist

Absolutely p'd off at the moment. Was looking forward to this game. Went to Smyths after work today only to be told that they can't see it because the Figurines that come with it were damaged. I don't care about the freakin' toy.. I want the bleedin' game. ARGH!

Ah well. Guess I'll look at some videos :P.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

Ehh, think my game glitched?

In the demo you pick up the fire bolt in the toilets.... When i picked it up in the game, nothing happened? and when I cycle through plasmids i only get electric choice.

heh, spoiler is very clear..

it's not actually in the toilet this time around.

wtf did I pick up then that looked red/orange in same space as it was in demo then?

lol confused now.........

in the demo, you find the recording of a man talking about toilets, that's the one you find in the plasmids spot.

and there's nothing on the table.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Absolutely p'd off at the moment. Was looking forward to this game. Went to Smyths after work today only to be told that they can't see it because the Figurines that come with it were damaged. I don't care about the freakin' toy.. I want the bleedin' game. ARGH!

Ah well. Guess I'll look at some videos :P.
    Should've just got the limited/standard edition then, surely they'd have an ample supply of those...:confused:

Enyeez wrote:
    in the demo, you find the recording of a man talking about toilets, that's the one you find in the plasmids spot.

and there's nothing on the table.

Thanks, but can I hear the message if I accidently skipped it?

• Advertisement

I assume so, just press the same command.

or I think you can access it via the MAP sections area etc-

Advertisement